New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Please help me to decide i am choosing between two used car ford escape 1.6se or xtrail 4x4...i know features and etc advatage sa xtrail because of higher variant siya....

But for daily use ang daan is edsa ano maganda gamitin...

If kasya lng budget para sa 2016 model na montero ( second hand)...hehehe

Please help me.to decide:

Ride comfort
    Maintenance
    Durability
    Fuel consumption ( daily edsa)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    if fc is major deal breaker... why not the 2.0 cx5? mas mahal ba? youll probably get 7.5kml versus 5-6.5kml on both your choices.

the nissan wins hands down for comfort. probably more durable than the escape too.

maintenance? cvt oil change on the nissan is at least 10kpesos and has to be done every 2years or so. the atf on the escape is cheaper imo.

Ford Escape & Fusion 6F35 Transmission Fluid Change Procedure - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Take note the Ford Escape was sold with 400,000 discount at some point ...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Take note the Ford Escape was sold with 400,000 discount at some point ...
    In May to July of 2016, the Escape SE 1.6L Ecoboost was beeing offered at a discounted price of 1.05M.

Between the two vehicles, the Xtrail is a better choice overall. It is bigger and the interiors are much better made. The seats on the Escape 1.6L SE feel hard and it is a bit cramped on the rear. The Xtrail is more like the Santa Fe and those zero-gravity seats are really comfortable (much better than on CX5 or Forester or CRV).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Can't comment on the Ford, but the 4x4 Xtrail has dismal FC in the city. Other than that, we're pretty happy with it. Logged around 45TKms with no issues. I'd also look at the 4x2 Xtrail. It will give you better FC in the city. If you don't mind less legroom front and back, consider the 4x2 CR-V as well. X-trail rides pretty well, but the CR-V's ride quality is more comfortable over low velocity stuff like rumble strips. X-trail's seats are better though. Although some taller guys complain about the short squab.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Can't comment on the Ford, but the 4x4 Xtrail has dismal FC in the city.
    How bad is the FC of the Xtrail 4x4? I'm doing only around 6-7 km/L with my Forester XT (2.0L turbo) on Paranaque-Makati routes. My friend who drives a Focus 1.5L Ecoboost is also averaging the same on his Antipolo-Ortigas route. The Escape 1.6T and 2.0T will not be far off in FC.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Comfort has to play a big part to me whether on a 16-hour road trip here or sitting in a traffic quagmire in Manila.

My big fat behind knows what's it like to feel every bump and imperfection on the road that is common with sporty vehicles. After several hours, it got on my mind. Not even adding a seat cushion is enough. My passengers certainly let me know how they felt. Hence my move from sportier vehicles to more comfortable ones.

That's why my family is leaning so hard to replace my car with another minivan. The comfort level of my wife's Rogue is okay. But, they miss the comfort and reclining features of the minivan seats whose comfort are at another level.

The FC would be the next most important thing if I was at Manila. I mean, here where I am, I don't give a crap. But, with the traffic in Manila, I would probably care more how much fuel I use because it's more expensive there.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 25th, 2017 at 10:07 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How bad is the FC of the Xtrail 4x4? I'm doing only around 6-7 km/L with my Forester XT (2.0L turbo) on Paranaque-Makati routes. My friend who drives a Focus 1.5L Ecoboost is also averaging the same on his Antipolo-Ortigas route. The Escape 1.6T and 2.0T will not be far off in FC.
    Not sure how it'll do with your route but with ours (Taytay-BGC and back) it's around 5-6 km/L. I even get 4.5 km/L sometimes. That's with normal 4x2 mode and a heavy foot. Guess it could get a bit better with eco mode but am not really optimistic hehe.

On the highway it is much better. Average FE is still at 8 km/L. 50% provincial highway, 50% city.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Not sure how it'll do with your route but with ours (Taytay-BGC and back) it's around 5-6 km/L. I even get 4.5 km/L sometimes. That's with normal 4x2 mode and a heavy foot. Guess it could get a bit better with eco mode but am not really optimistic hehe.

On the highway it is much better. Average FE is still at 8 km/L. 50% provincial highway, 50% city.
    Maybe the engine is strained a bit to move the big mass of the Xtrail. However, the Xtrail's CVT is supposed to make it more efficient.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Maybe the engine is strained a bit to move the big mass of the Xtrail. However, the Xtrail's CVT is supposed to make it more efficient.
    Yes bro. The big body really makes it heavy. Probably the heaviest in class among the Japanese/Korean makes. Doesn't help that the 4x4's engine is just a mildly updated version of the old T31 X-trail's. Still isn't direct injected. The relatively large displacement (2.5L) also isn't helpful in traffic. Above 40 Kph is where it starts becoming a lot more fuel efficient. Below that is misery hehe. On the highway I've seen 12 Km/L.

That's why I think the 4x2 2.0L X-trail is much better for city dwellers. If you can live with the power deficit, that engine is a lot smoother too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast