New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Hi Everyone, I'm new here on the community and would like to seek advise. as we will try to buy a car next week and we are choosing between the two cars 2015 NEW HONDA CITY 1.5 VX CVT or 2015 NEW LANCER EX A/T 1.6. Please do enlighten me on what are the Pros and Cons of these 2 cars and if you will choose between these two what will you choose? we will use the car more on city driving lang and for family use since i have 3 kids. just want to know what between these two will fit our family. Thanks in advance.

Saka isa pa po palang question kasi yung mga nakausap namin galing sa olx na agent yung mga post na "fast/sure approval". mga legit po ba yung mga yun? kasi wala pang 1 day na approve na kami tapos pinapagpasa na kami ng documents then makukuha na agad yung unit.we asked and was told na "broker" daw siya ng bank and may mga kilala sila sa loob ng bank kaya mabilis approval. medyo hesistant lang kami if these kind of deals are legit or not. we still have a few more days to decide before magclose yung deal.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Between the two, I'd choose the City because it's more efficient, more spacious, and looks better. The 1.6 Lancer feels so stripped down to me, especially considering that the GT-A is less than 100k more expensive after discounts.

Not considering the Altis 1.6G?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Yes totoo ung iba when we got the vios
    it only took like 3-4hrs

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yes totoo ung iba when we got the vios
    it only took like 3-4hrs

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by makinalikot View Post
    Hi Everyone, I'm new here on the community and would like to seek advise. as we will try to buy a car next week and we are choosing between the two cars 2015 NEW HONDA CITY 1.5 VX CVT or 2015 NEW LANCER EX A/T 1.6. Please do enlighten me on what are the Pros and Cons of these 2 cars and if you will choose between these two what will you choose? we will use the car more on city driving lang and for family use since i have 3 kids. just want to know what between these two will fit our family. Thanks in advance.

Saka isa pa po palang question kasi yung mga nakausap namin galing sa olx na agent yung mga post na "fast/sure approval". mga legit po ba yung mga yun? kasi wala pang 1 day na approve na kami tapos pinapagpasa na kami ng documents then makukuha na agad yung unit.we asked and was told na "broker" daw siya ng bank and may mga kilala sila sa loob ng bank kaya mabilis approval. medyo hesistant lang kami if these kind of deals are legit or not. we still have a few more days to decide before magclose yung deal.
    Hey City owner here, I will not compare the two since BS for sure ako pero one thing na sobrang nagustuhan ko sa city is yung legroom ng backseat. Maluwag sya. Kung 5 lang kayo sa family ok na ok!

As for the approval, yung sakin 3 days processing lang. Honda Makati. Maraming nagsasabi na mabilis na daw yun.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by makinalikot View Post

Hey City owner here, I will not compare the two since BS for sure ako pero one thing na sobrang nagustuhan ko sa city is yung legroom ng backseat. Maluwag sya. Kung 5 lang kayo sa family ok na ok!

As for the approval, yung sakin 3 days processing lang. Honda Makati. Maraming nagsasabi na mabilis na daw yun.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Thanks! we are also looking into altis 1.6G but we are in a tight budget for buying a car. that is why we were able to bring down the choices for cars between city and EX.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Thanks! we are also looking into altis 1.6G but we are in a tight budget for buying a car. that is why we were able to bring down the choices for cars between city and EX.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Of the two, I choose the City.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    IMO the Lancer is already old but it aged well. For me, I'll go for the City. It looks futuristic to me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    IMO the Lancer is already showing its age. But it aged very well. For me, go for the City, it looks futuristic!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Given your choices, my vote goes to the City. It has more toys, a more modern design, better fuel efficiency, and the H badge which is a great advantage if you will be selling it in the future. Assuming atleast 10K kms mileage every 6 months, I believe PMS is almost the same even if the lancer has a bigger engine.
    I am just concerned on your family count of 5, the sedan might be too small for your family several years from now. Try delaying the purchase for several weeks and consider the small mpvs like the avanza and ertiga. I only have 1 child planning to add 1 more in the near future but with our 1 year old vios, I am already starting to save for an upgrade to a bigger vehicle probably 4 years from now. Maybe because we travel a lot during weekends from my family to my byenan.
    But if you really need to decide immediately as you've mentioned, what I might do if I am in your position is bring in the whole pack, test drive both vehicles, and have a diplomatic vote between family members. It depends to you if you will give a higher weight to the vote of the misis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast