New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    2014 Isuzu IPV is already using the new 4JK1-TC turbo intercooler crdi engine. The Hilux FX uses the same engine as the D4D innova. Purpose is for cargo delivery during office hours, and employee shuttle bus service in the morning and afternoon. Which would be better? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Meron na palang IPV nung bagong D-Max? If I were you, I'd take the more established model. Since this will be used for work, ease and low cost of maintenance and upkeep is most important. Being new, you may have trouble finding parts for the 4JK1 outside of the casa. The Hilux on the other hand has been around for quite a while and its strengths and weaknesses are already well known. The 2KD engine is probably the most encountered modern diesel engine out there, being present in four Toyota bestsellers. Parts availability and mechanic familiarity shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Meron na palang IPV nung bagong D-Max? If I were you, I'd take the more established model. Since this will be used for work, ease and low cost of maintenance and upkeep is most important. Being new, you may have trouble finding parts for the 4JK1 outside of the casa. The Hilux on the other hand has been around for quite a while and its strengths and weaknesses are already well known. The 2KD engine is probably the most encountered modern diesel engine out there, being present in four Toyota bestsellers. Parts availability and mechanic familiarity shouldn't be a problem.
    +1, one more thing that goes against the Isuzu is that parahin ng mga buwisit na ASBU, makita palang tatak ng Isuzu parang automatic na na paparahin agad kahit di naman mausok.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    +1, one more thing that goes against the Isuzu is that parahin ng mga buwisit na ASBU, makita palang tatak ng Isuzu parang automatic na na paparahin agad kahit di naman mausok.
    Only the Crosswind.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Thanks for the replies. Added info nakuha ko: yung 4jk1 engine has a torgue of 280 nm vs toyota's 200nm, and hp is 114hp vs 100hp. Even with a perceived stronger engine, yung IPV is priced P28,200 cheaper than the Hilux FX, without insurance, including registration.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Why not consider the Mitsubishi L2OO FB, had one. Engine is great and really meant for the job..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    109 ps or 107hp lang pala ang 4jk engine. I am asking both toyota and isuzu kung kailan may unit to look at. Order basis sila, not really available.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Walang readily available unit ang Toyota? That's odd... Perhaps you can try another dealership?

The L200 is actually also a good alternative. As with the Hilux, parts are also readily available, and mechanics are more than familiar with it. I'm not sure how the L200's suspension is tuned, but the Strada has very good ride quality comparable with coil sprung SUVs. There's also the distinction of having the tightest turning radius in its class. Power is at 128ps and 240Nm.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Walang readily available unit ang Toyota? That's odd... Perhaps you can try another dealership?

The L200 is actually also a good alternative. As with the Hilux, parts are also readily available, and mechanics are more than familiar with it. I'm not sure how the L200's suspension is tuned, but the Strada has very good ride quality comparable with coil sprung SUVs. There's also the distinction of having the tightest turning radius in its class. Power is at 128ps and 240Nm.
    The L200 FB has a stiffer suspension to cope with cargo weight. It's bouncy when unladen, typical for most FB-style pick-ups.

The new IPV looks interesting. Even if the engine is new and has no support, that's bound to change over the coming years, considering how popular the brand is.

Of the three, the L200 might just be the surest bet, however, when it comes to medium term maintenance and running costs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The L200 FB has a stiffer suspension to cope with cargo weight. It's bouncy when unladen, typical for most FB-style pick-ups.

The new IPV looks interesting. Even if the engine is new and has no support, that's bound to change over the coming years, considering how popular the brand is.

Of the three, the L200 might just be the surest bet, however, when it comes to medium term maintenance and running costs.
    I see. I have a close relative who owns a 2012 Isuzu IPV. At that time, they were also choosing between that and the Hilux. In the end they chose the Isuzu due to lesser electronics and cheap parts. I've driven it and its actually not so bad. Handling is good and ride quality's OK... in front, at least. Not knowing that the passengers at the back are bouncing all over the place. It is still jumpy at the back even when fully loaded.

How's the turbo lag with the L200? I can still feel it even in the GLS Sport V.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast