New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Naglabas ng bagong Accord last month, with their new earth dreams engine. There are two variants, 2.5 liter * P1.720 and 3.5 liter V6 * P2M plus.

Bagong Altima a few weeks ago which by the way overtook the camry in sales last feb and march 2014 sa Tate as per motor trend. Almost the same pricing like the accord with 2 variants. And as per the SA I talked to sabi daw galing sa US yung stocks natin dito..di nga?

Then of course the Camry is still the king in sales here sa Pinas, 3 variants, entry level * 1.450M mas bare pa sa mid trim Altis, mid variant is at P1.650M with the toys of the TOTL and of course the V6 * P2M.

The Mazda 6 is garnering great reviews abroad, but I have yet to see one on the road, ay wait may nakita ako dati isa. Priced ata at P1.7M. Skyactive baby!!

The Sonata, wala na daw unit dito kasi inaantay na yung bago.

Yung Optima na bihira ko makakita kahit ang tagal tagal na dito and last but not the least.

Yung Legacy na naka 250k off kasi may bagong labas. AWD of course.

Marami raming players this year..which is best?

Ay wait, may Galant pa ba?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Galant has long been taken off the Mitsu model lineup. I guess it was 2008 when the last Galant model was marketed in the country.

Mazda6 FC figures proves it to be the most fuel efficient, plus the COTY honors. Couple that with Mazda's Yojin-3 program so it makes good sense for its price.

The 9th gen Accord is being louded in the US, despite losing the double wishbone suspension and responsive hydraulic power steering of previous generations. It is one of the only few cars, like the BMW 3-series, to be always in the annual 10 best models.

The Optima is the best-priced model (1.48M less discounts pa!) with its features (sporty look, panoramic sunroof, 18" wheels).

The Sonata looks great at first but the looks tends to get boring later on. The new Camry with its angular looks will age better than the Sonata.

The Legacy is awaiting its new model but the previous GT model has the Subaru AWD, sporty handling, ample power from its turbo boxer engine. A 250k discount on it will be a great deal despite a model which is 5 years old already.

The Altima is just breaking ground in the country. It is one of the favorites in the midsize category in the US. I have high hopes it will do well here, just like in the US.

Given the choice, logical choice will be a Mazda6 with everything it offers but my heart longs for the Legacy GT. hehehehe
    Last edited by Egan101; April 4th, 2014 at 06:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok sana altima kaya lang yung entry level nila has fabric seats...at 1.6M cmon Nissan what gives?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    The AWD with a -250K would be nice.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 6 is the best to drive, but the Accord V6 and Altima V6 are a good shot of adrenaline in the category.

Might be about time for an executive car comparo!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^it's definitely time for one!

Im think8ng of getting the Mazda 6. But im torn among the 6, Ranger and the Trailblazer.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Oh. I forgot..Chevy Malibu...this one looks really good and loaded at only 1.490...those corvette inspired tail lamps and ***y curves really justifies the name in tagalog.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    2014 Executives?

It depends on the Executive "Line of work" during business appointment meeting/deal in a certain client.

Kung nasa field and appointment/meeting/deal, --- the ride always be based on the durability and reliability, (2WD/4WD/high-clearance flood wading) fuel consumption will be a second priority and comfort riding is at least sacrifice, last priority for a executive to considered.

kung sa City naman, (office to office, or some meeting in a certain cafe shop or exclusive restaurant) ---- the ride comfort will first priority, then durability and reliability will be the second, and least priority, is the gas issues (don't care about the gas guzzling)
    ang importante is to reach from point A to point B in a certain period of time, without delay.

Kung Combined related work ang "Executive" Very Challenging to choose a vehicle! will all the features, and budget max. is 2M ceiling point, 1.7M safe expense to get a certain all around vehicle.

Durability, Reliability, Comfort of ride, Fuel Consumption. ETC.

By the end of the day, once a executive successfully have a business deal with certain client, a profit income will go!
    kahit anong sasakyan pa ito, without abusing the vehicle in a hard way.

ang sasakyan po na-invest po ay pwede rin kumita in a soft way w/o abusing it.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With bigger displacements and heavier weights, FC is not expected to be at par with a compact. So, if you have the money to spend on such cars, you might as well get the best combination of comfort, performance & handling, reliability, and bling. A good FC is just a bonus of sorts in the midsize category. It just happens that the Mazda6 has the FC of a compact (even comparable to some gas-guzzling sub-compacts).

Maybe we can wait for VW to release locally the Passat TDI. However, with their current pricing, I don't see the Passat TDI-DSG to be priced at 2M.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Has anybody here driven any variant of the Peugeot 508? Looks intriguing too. Based on specs, I think the sweetspot is the 2.0L Variant. Just 50k above the 2M Mark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast