New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hello everyone,

I am choosing between the 3 vehicles. I am aware that the city is a class below but i just need opinions from the experts.

My factors would be:

A.Fuel consumption
    *does the elantra 1.6 have a different engine as before?

B. ease of pms

C. Best bang for the buck
    *im considering the city because it is just 796k. Compared to the other 2

D. Cabin space. My brother and i are 6'0 tall.

I have seen the 3 models. Altis has the better space but elantra better exterior?

I have test driven the city. The cvt really is nice, drives a lot better from the previous version

Do you know which dealership offers test drives for altis and elantra? I went to hyundai and toyota q ave and sadly, they do not have.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    very similar but
    like the interior of the Elantra more ...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    The wife drives the new altis, it is more fuel efficient than my sister's previous gen altis. it does 9.1 kms/liter vs the former's 8.9/kms liter on mixed driving conditions. what i don't like about toyota though is their costly pms. every 5,000 kms, kelangan na bumalik sa casa, tapos taga pa. my 4th gen crv's PMS is scheduled every 10,000kms. probably the city follows the same.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    City na lang!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Take a look at nissan sylphy 1.8

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    The wife drives the new altis, it is more fuel efficient than my sister's previous gen altis. it does 9.1 kms/liter vs the former's 8.9/kms liter on mixed driving conditions. what i don't like about toyota though is their costly pms. every 5,000 kms, kelangan na bumalik sa casa, tapos taga pa. my 4th gen crv's PMS is scheduled every 10,000kms. probably the city follows the same.
    Parang ang baba naman ng fuel efficiency rating kung ganyan, di kaya masyadong matigas apak sa gas pedal? How much is PMS? Regular PMS for my 2007 Civic is around 5K pag walang pinapalitan masyado na
    parts. 2X a year lang naman.

Badabing! Badabong!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    Take a look at nissan sylphy 1.8

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Yes, test drove the sylphy too. It jas the quitest cabin, minimal road and engine noise, nice ride. Only problem is boring to drive and the "daddy" looks. Not my taste.

But it is indeed a very nice car. Just not my preference

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Where do you guys think i can test drive the altis?

It is so hard getting a test drive these days. What are your techniques?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Guys need more inputs sana.

Im leaning towards the altis but im practicality states the honda city.

I have a fortuner and a mirage g4 by the way

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Then why don't you get the Altis so you have a medium size car. Toyota's name is synonymous to practical The 2014 Altis is CVT too and it's spacious. Check the 11th Generation thread and someone posted the dimensions of the Altis. It is longer and wider than the Innova.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast