New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Yes, I know they are not apple-to-apple, but hear me out first. Maraming nangyari the last few days that made me think about this comparo.

I reserved a TBZ 4x4 in multiple Chevy dealers para mabilis. They don't prioritize cash, and DI is too high as well, so they kind of push you to in-house financing (exhorbitant interest rates), plus insurance, plus LTO, plus chattel mortgage, plus the expensive accessories made mandatory - just to be ahead of the queue. After hearing many times na, "sir parating na po yung stocks", or "next week po, sure na yung allocation nyo", simply grew tired of waiting and waiting and waiting.

Due to my disappointment, I just scanned the market for other good or better deals. And I ended up considering the CX9. Much more expensive, gas and not diesel, totally different class, and multi-awarded 7-seater SUV acknowledged by car testers abroad. Stock is available, and package is quite attractive.

Would you believe that after doing the maths, they will turn out to be about the same cost of ownership?

Just to summarise:
    1. Considering paying the same amount of cashout if I get the TBZ and the CX-9, my monthly amortization for same term (36months) shows that I will have to pay the TBZ P2k++ higher than MA for the CX9. This includes all other payable fees for both. Its mainly due to interests.
    2. Based on my monthly mileage and routes and comparing CX9 (fc 5-6 kpl gas) vs TBZ (fc 7-8 kpl diesel), my fuel expenses for CX9 will be P2k++ higher than TBZ.
    3. Let's assume that PMS for both will be roughly same, although most feedback is that diesel will have more expensive PMS per year.

Amazing but true, my present cashout as well as my mothly cost of ownership for the next 3 years will be about the same.
    It looks like the CX9 might just be a good replacement for the "when will it arrive" TBZ.

I like both cars by the way - the TBZ for its bulk, height, ruggedness and cheaper fuel; while for CX9 for it's car-like ride comfort, executive look especially the interior, and sporty handling while being physically imposing as well. One Thai made, the other Japan made.

Would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    aren't you considering santa fe? which i think better choice for your problem?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    aren't you considering santa fe? which i think better choice for your problem?
    Yes, also checked the Santa Fe 7-seater and found it a bit too small for my family requirements.

Even checked its cousin Sorento 7-seater (looks a bit bigger), still not big enough for my requirements.

By the way, am upgrading from Montero, so looking for something more spacious than that.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Yes, also checked the Santa Fe 7-seater and found it a bit too small for my family requirements.

Even checked its cousin Sorento 7-seater (looks a bit bigger), still not big enough for my requirements.

By the way, am upgrading from Montero, so looking for something more spacious than that.

Thanks.
    i see. cx9 will be equal to trailB if trailB has additional payments what casa requiring you. just find a casa that will entertain you, reading through trailblazer thread, ok naman ata mga kuha nila. not sure though. ang layo ng cx9 sa trailB e. just my opinion sir

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i see. cx9 will be equal to trailB if trailB has additional payments what casa requiring you. just find a casa that will entertain you, reading through trailblazer thread, ok naman ata mga kuha nila. not sure though. ang layo ng cx9 sa trailB e. just my opinion sir
    Thanks for sharing your opinion sir.

By the way, what do you mean with "ang layo ng CX9 sa TBZ"?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your opinion sir.

By the way, what do you mean with "ang layo ng CX9 sa TBZ"?
    in terms of pricing plus the FC and diesel vs gas :D well, for me it's very different segment to look at. i have never seen the back seat of cx9, is it as big as trailblazer?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Since the math is the same as you compute it...I'll go for the CX9. Why? Because its a higher end car, its in the market for several years, whta you see and hear is what you get, negative and positive. The tb is new, may mga lalabas na issues na hindi pa natin alam while ang cx9 most likely naayos na kung meron man.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Is this going to be a daily driver? In mostly Metro Manila city driving?

You do realize that the CX9 drinks at a rate more of around 4-5km/L (and more on the 4 than the 5) city and not 5-6km/L right?

Since you're in 2M territory already with the CX9, maybe you'd want to consider the Pajero diesel instead? Mitsubishi is giving big discounts for it!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not going to buy a car na premium price.. dahil lang mainit pa...
    CX9 is nice but... expect very very low resale...

hindi pako nakakasakay sa CX9.. but being the bigger/better CX7... im assuming maganda interior nito.. and very classy... CX7 palang head over heels nako e.. hehe... imho.. TB... medyo not as nice ang interior..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    in terms of pricing plus the FC and diesel vs gas :D well, for me it's very different segment to look at. i have never seen the back seat of cx9, is it as big as trailblazer?
    I have seen both and looks like CX9 has more space and back seat is much more confortable, more legroom. Cargo room is also bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Since the math is the same as you compute it...I'll go for the CX9. Why? Because its a higher end car, its in the market for several years, whta you see and hear is what you get, negative and positive. The tb is new, may mga lalabas na issues na hindi pa natin alam while ang cx9 most likely naayos na kung meron man.
    Very good point! And reviews for CX9 are very good, especially after reading the 6 competitors for luxury 7-seater comparo by MotorTrends. CX9 came out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Is this going to be a daily driver? In mostly Metro Manila city driving?

You do realize that the CX9 drinks at a rate more of around 4-5km/L (and more on the 4 than the 5) city and not 5-6km/L right?

Since you're in 2M territory already with the CX9, maybe you'd want to consider the Pajero diesel instead? Mitsubishi is giving big discounts for it!
    I have checked Pajero as well, I will have to pay a lot more for Pajero even after the best discounts applied.

Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    im not going to buy a car na premium price.. dahil lang mainit pa...
    CX9 is nice but... expect very very low resale...

hindi pako nakakasakay sa CX9.. but being the bigger/better CX7... im assuming maganda interior nito.. and very classy... CX7 palang head over heels nako e.. hehe... imho.. TB... medyo not as nice ang interior..
    Interior of CX9 is very executive and feels top notch quality. Piano black finish contrasting well to high quality chrome highlights and black plastics. Also being CBU Japan, mukhang mas pulido in all quality aspects.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
2013 Trailblazer 4x4 AT vs 2012 Mazda CX9 4x2 AT -amazingly similar cost of ownership