New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    what i don't get is why montero is still the SUV of the year here in the philippines.:bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    what i don't get is why montero is still the SUV of the year here in the philippines.:bwahaha:
    kasi affordable na instead na Innova or Crosswind e mag Montero ka na lang may kakilala nga ako sekretarya ng isang di kalakihang kumpanya yung babae isa namang service supervisor ng isang casa yung lalaki pero may Montero sila brand new pa

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    montero ako, rear wheel drive, may issue yata sa fwd ang sorento- just my opinion if i were to choose, comfy na din ang ride ng montero(yes yes the kia is much comfy)

but look around despite the near price match of both many are choosing the montero, real value for money(yes yes different league kia 5 seater montero 7 seater)

engine wise... mitsubishi has my trust, THEY MIGHT USE THE OLD ENGINE BUT IT IS ALREADY DURABLE AND STAND THE TEST OF TIM

sana walang kumupal ng thread na ito ulit.
    This was my thinking a few years back, but times change. Traded my Monty for a Korean diesel SUV, no regrets. Mas better engine compared sa Monty.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Between the 2, I'd go with the Kia Sorento as well. It's a global model plus the Korean diesels seems much more refined and powerful.

If I remember correctly, you can get a base model 5-seat Sorento with the 2.2L diesel engine for only 1.350M which is very cheap for a mid sized diesel SUV.

The Montero, at least in my opinion (sorry), seems a bit crude with outdated interiors from the moment it was launched. However, I'm impressed with the manufacturer for making such products suitable for developing markets as it addresses cost.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Sorento rin ako una global car yan at mas maganda talaga. Yung facelift gwapo ilaw sa likod.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ano ang issue ng Sorento na FWD?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by drkiko View Post
    Hi guys. Would like to hear your opinion/s regarding these two suv's. Which one would you choose? Saw the 2013 Kia sorento at a local dealer near us. It is the "stripped down" version I believe with no fogs, roof racks etc. Do you think it's a better buy over the non Vgt Montero?

Montero is reliability, 7seater, long life chasis, parts/after sales availability.

Sorento is unique in design, reliability is to be find out, comfort is a bit favor vs montero, interior is favorable.

If I have the rugged kind personality & in need of 7seater SUV, I will choose the Montero.
    But if I need more comfort, no issue for the passenger, relibility will be charge to experience, then I'll choose the Sorento.
    Last edited by Noel Salisipan; June 10th, 2013 at 10:00 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sorento na lang sir. Pero kung hanap mo reliability and if you will use it for a long time lets say 10yrs then go with Montero. If not, then Sorento na lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para mo naman sinabi na less than 10 years ang life ng sorento, e may makikita naman na 2003/2004 sorento na gumagala sa metro. yun lang nga 2.5 crdi makina nun, same as hyundai starex GRX. at yung mga gen 2 santa fe wala pa naman mga sira, 2007 yun so 6 years na. so same din lang ng sorento tatagal din naman dahil same engine and patform.

at bakit nyo nasabi mas reliable ang montero tci? remember late comer ang montero, mas nauna ang santa fe/sorento na lumabas sa market by a few years. so how can something that is newer be said to be more reliable? dahil mitsubishi? dahil 4d56? oh come on! smoke belcher engine hello!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    reliability? pag nakapasok na sa US at Europe yang Montero saka nyo sabihin yan.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast