New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    this is what im referring too
    mismatch naman talaga. power, handling, interior space and ride comfort the santa fe/sorento twins trump the montero smoke belcher hands down.

may nag-try humabol na montero sa akin kanina sa sctex, pag dating sa 140 kph kapal na ng usok nya. lalo na nung paakyat at nag-downshift naku po ang usok. i was playing with him, pahabol then iiwanan ko. nakakaawa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sorento ako because of the revgt

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    mismatch naman talaga. power, handling, interior space and ride comfort the santa fe/sorento twins trump the montero smoke belcher hands down.

may nag-try humabol na montero sa akin kanina sa sctex, pag dating sa 140 kph kapal na ng usok nya. lalo na nung paakyat at nag-downshift naku po ang usok. i was playing with him, pahabol then iiwanan ko. nakakaawa.
    Bad ka sir

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Real world performance and manila driving lang, Sorento wins.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I will go for the Sorento. For myself alone, the only advantage I can see dun sa MS is its third row seats and off-road capability. Pero sino naman bibili ng SUV at this price range para mag off roading? Eh magasgasan nga lang ng unti ang tsikot, ang sama sama na ng loob ko. Kung masama talaga ang regular na dinadaanan ko then I would rather customized a 4x4 for myself out older 4x4 chasis.

Kahit na nasa labas ka pa ng Metro Manila when you see a really bad road ahead, magdadalawang isip ka pa din kung isasabak mo o hinde kahit 4x4 pa ang SUV na dala mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree. Same observations for me. It depends on your priorities. Although the MS has space for 7, the 2 in the 3rd row won't be too comfy, so to me it's really just a 5 seater as well. That being said, I'd go with the more car-like Sorento.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pag Sorento ba yung boto, kupal na?

As with any comparison, the "better buy" for you is the car that suits your needs more. The Montero, being a truck in fancy clothes, has a more rugged chassis that could take more abuse than the car-based Sorento. Obviously, it also seats more because of the 3rd row. A bit more toys too compared to the bare Sorento. Overall, the better workhorse. Not necessarily the better family car, unless you've got a big family that could use the 3rd row seats often.

The Sorento, on the other hand, has a much more potent engine (that doesn't belch smoke whenever you bury the throttle). Also, because it isn't a truck, it handles corners much better than the Montero. Despite the smaller profile from the outside, the Sorento's more spacious whether you're in front or in the second row (the Montero is narrow, and the ladder-on-frame chassis isn't very space efficient). Also, it rides much better (again, car vs truck). Pretty bare though, but fog lamps go a long way in improving how it looks. As a personal aside, the rims of the facelifted version look too small for the body, and I'd really prefer the old one (if only they were still available).

Long story short, if I were to choose, it'd definitely be the Sorento. I would prefer power, handling and comfort over 2 extra seats, toys (that you can add on later) and the truck chassis.

Now, as to why more people buy Monteros, it's pretty simple: not everyone cares about power (you'd be surprised how many people don't even know the concept of horsepower), a lot of people see more seats as better value, and when it comes to SUVs, Mitsubishi has better brand perception than Kia.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sadista ka bro. Hehehe! Di naman siguro yung GS ang gamit mo nun?

8. Join Date
    May 2006

bastos ka fafa yebo kahit bali-baliktarin mo ang mundo hindi yun makakahabol sa Sorento mo

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Sadista ka bro. Hehehe! Di naman siguro yung GS ang gamit mo nun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    bastos ka fafa yebo kahit bali-baliktarin mo ang mundo hindi yun makakahabol sa Sorento mo
    hehe, sorento nga gamit ko. e nagpupumilit siya humabol e di pinahabol ko siya. parang pasyente sa san lazaro yung montero kung umubo ng usok dun sa uphill hahaha! i made 5 trips to zambales (sbma and iba) in the last 8 days, clocked more than 3000 km. yung isang trip last week sabi ng sister ko who was with me, "oy brother nage-enjoy ka masyado dyan. alalahanin mo di tayo pwede mamatay ng sabay!"

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sorento for me pero yung Diesel... I was a former owner of 2010 Sorento, binenta ko na kasi Gas.. pero kung diesel yun di ko bebenta yun..

Anyway had a chance to test drive Montero and Fortuner.. Talang Sorento.. Power and comort... Fun to drive...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast