New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hi all. I'm in the market for a 6/7 seater and have narrowed it to these 3 models. Each has its own advantage but I want to see opinion especially from users / owners. My desired vehicle must have the following criteria:

1. Occasional 6-7 seater: 90% 4-5 seater, 10% 6-7 seater
    2. Diesel
    3. Reliability
    4. Ride comfort
    5. Easily serviceable
    6. Looks / driving feel
    7. Features

As you may have noticed my price range is up to 1.3M only. Would have wanted the TOTL Carens or the Montero GLS V but my budget is fixed. I have considered a 5 seater CUV like the CRV 2.0, the Sportage, Tucson, but when I need those extra seat, it simply presents a problem. 1 seat is for a child seat so you understand my dilemma (it takes a lot of space).

Pls feel free to suggest a different vehicle altogether if there's something else that'll fit the criteria. Thanks for your advise.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Are you considering the new chevy spin as well sir? it also has a diesel 1.3 diesel variant. matipid sa gas.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyweapon View Post
    Hi all. I'm in the market for a 6/7 seater and have narrowed it to these 3 models. Each has its own advantage but I want to see opinion especially from users / owners. My desired vehicle must have the following criteria:

1. Occasional 6-7 seater: 90% 4-5 seater, 10% 6-7 seater
    2. Diesel
    3. Reliability
    4. Ride comfort
    5. Easily serviceable
    6. Looks / driving feel
    7. Features

As you may have noticed my price range is up to 1.3M only. Would have wanted the TOTL Carens or the Montero GLS V but my budget is fixed. I have considered a 5 seater CUV like the CRV 2.0, the Sportage, Tucson, but when I need those extra seat, it simply presents a problem. 1 seat is for a child seat so you understand my dilemma (it takes a lot of space).

Pls feel free to suggest a different vehicle altogether if there's something else that'll fit the criteria. Thanks for your advise.
    Montero GLX Non-VGT for me. Innova is again, just perfect. But you want to pass on Innova because it is an Innova, if you get what I mean. Don't get me wrong, I also drive an Innova and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just so perfect (for its purpose of a practical drive) I want to complicate things LOL!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Innova for me.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I haven't seen the Chevy Spin but had bad experience with Chevy as a brand before. Isn't the Spin same size as the Avanza? Maybe I'll pass by The Chevrolet dealership later...
    *basti08 ... I get what you mean and at the same time confused by it. Do you mean you like the Innova because you own one but secretly pining for the Montero Sport? And when you say it's perfect, as in, as a people mover but nothing else?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyweapon View Post
    I haven't seen the Chevy Spin but had bad experience with Chevy as a brand before. Isn't the Spin same size as the Avanza? Maybe I'll pass by The Chevrolet dealership later...
    *basti08 ... I get what you mean and at the same time confused by it. Do you mean you like the Innova because you own one but secretly pining for the Montero Sport? And when you say it's perfect, as in, as a people mover but nothing else?
    Mine is a 2.0J MT. It is fuel efficient (7-8km/l)and very fast. Rides better than a Fortuner 1st gen. Can haul stuff and move people comfortably. Doesn't require a lot of attention nor money when it comes to maintenance. It just runs and runs. Has a cold AC. Has a good flood wading too. It's just that it is an Innova. Boring and so practical.
    If you aint discriminating really, it is a good choice. But fact that you included the stylish Carens and ruggedly attired Montero means you're looking for some 'presence' too. The Innova in that regard scores 'zero'. HTH

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Innova is much more comfortable compared to a Montero.

But perception of it as a mere Innova doesn't give it the impression that the Montero gives, if that is a concern.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    montero is much comfortable for me

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Mine is a 2.0J MT. It is fuel efficient (7-8km/l)and very fast. Rides better than a Fortuner 1st gen. Can haul stuff and move people comfortably. Doesn't require a lot of attention nor money when it comes to maintenance. It just runs and runs. Has a cold AC. Has a good flood wading too. It's just that it is an Innova. Boring and so practical.
    If you aint discriminating really, it is a good choice. But fact that you included the stylish Carens and ruggedly attired Montero means you're looking for some 'presence' too. The Innova in that regard scores 'zero'. HTH
    Agree with sir Basti... Innova is indeed a very practical car. It's also one heck of a reliable car. We even used this a service vehicle on our projects in the mountains.

But since one of your criteria is looks, I'd still choose the Montero. I think they are almost equal in the other criteria have there.

HTH

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I assume you are a family man, and if ride height is not a concern to you and you pass area that is not prone to flooding, I suggest you get the innova.
    The ride height of MS is a bit of inconvenience for kids during ingress and egress.
    Another advantage of innova for a family man is they seldom tempted to race it, especially with their kids onboard.
    Unlike if your in an MS, because of its sporty feel you sometimes forget your speed limitation.
    FC and maintenance cost for both are almost identical.
    Looks, they are thousands of innova and MS around, it doesn't matter anymore.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; August 12th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2013 Innova 2.5V or 2013 Carens LX AT or 2013 Mitsubishi Montero Sport non VGT GLX AT