New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    What would you recommend for daily city driving, a small car with Auto Transmission, criteria as follows in order of priority:

1. Fuel efficiency
    2. Reliability
    3. Spare parts
    4. Easy to maneuver in traffic and park in tight spaces

I don't need big interior space or fancy gadgets (I have the other car for that), and just need a daily reliable point A to point B car. Low price and low maintenance costs would be ideal, purchase price around P700k (can go slightly over).

Also suggest other brands/models even if not mentioned in above options.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ano727; March 10th, 2013 at 12:45 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i suggest either mirage or accent (diesel). both fuel effecient. much easy to maneuver in traffic and park ang mirage because of its size. but assume they have the same km/liter with accent, diesel naman so mas mura ang pa-gas

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    i suggest either mirage or accent (diesel). both fuel effecient. much easy to maneuver in traffic and park ang mirage because of its size. but assume they have the same km/liter with accent, diesel naman so mas mura ang pa-gas
    Thanks *dct.

Would you know the actual fuel consumption for pure city driving of mirage and accent diesel?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    base on each of their thread, hindi bumababa ng 10 e. sorry not an owner. pero mukhang may 20+ on highway sa accent. parang 14 ata in city

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    base on each of their thread, hindi bumababa ng 10 e. sorry not an owner. pero mukhang may 20+ on highway sa accent. parang 14 ata in city
    Thanks again *dct.

I hope current owners of above mentioned economy cars can give info and share their experiences as well. Would really appreciate.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Sama na rin natin Fiesta, Spark, Aveo, Sonic, Celerio, Rio, Picanto.

2013 Economical A/T Car Comparo - Vios vs City vs Jazz vs Mirage vs Accent (diesel)

Owners and car enthusiasts, pls share your thoughts, opinions and experiences. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    1. Fuel efficiency -- accent diesel
    2. Reliability -- jazz, vios
    3. Spare parts -- any japanese brand
    4. Easy to maneuver in traffic and park in tight spaces -- jazz, vios, mirage. (the accent has small windows / windshield compared to the three. may "sanayan" factor)

overall, cant go wrong with a vios or jazz given your 700k budget, let the test drive decide. (i really wanted a hatch so it was an easy decision between the two haha.) ok din mirage, but has yet to prove reliability in our local roads. the accent diesel a/t is way above your budget since a/t only comes with the top variant * 868k.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I drive a 2009 City 1.5E AT. I average 10 km/L on city driving and 15 km/L on the highway. An officemate drives a Mirage MT and he averages 16 km/L on city driving.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Amongst the gasoline cars on the list, the Mirage can't be beat. I drove a manual one for a week and traffic economy never went below 12 km/l, even on very short, short trips. I've also driven the Vios, Mazda2, Fiesta, Rio and Accent 1.4 (gas)... but the only non-hybrid gasoline cars I've driven that are more economical than the Mirage are the Eon and Alto.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    According to my friend, his automatic Mirage gets 14km/L city driving and 17km/L highway.

Meanwhile, owners of the Accent diesel said the lowest fuel consumption they get is 12km/L city. But it's the highway part that's remarkable, most get 19-25km/L.

But sa ease of maneuvering in tight spaces, Mirage beats everything, hands down. It's so small and so easy to drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast