New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Need your opinions on both car. I'm planning to buy a sedan w/ 1.3L engine (for fuel economy reason) and will be driving by my wife most of the time. Can anyone give a figure of FC for both car. Any problems or issues on this particular variants? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rm View Post
    Need your opinions on both car. I'm planning to buy a sedan w/ 1.3L engine (for fuel economy reason) and will be driving by my wife most of the time. Can anyone give a figure of FC for both car. Any problems or issues on this particular variants? TIA
    I own a 2009 1.3 L A/T City.

My route is from Pasig to Pasay everyday in heavy traffic and I get between 9-10km/Li. depending on how heavy my foot is on a particular day. Don't have any experience with the Vios but my brother who owns a 1.5 AT says he gets the same consumption figures traveling from Makati to QC everyday.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Both have the same FC. But Vios gives more low rpm grunt. Good for stop and go traffic. Makes the car peppier

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    have driven 1.5 2009 city and 1.3 vios 2012. city is a bit lowered and responsive so its fun to drive, vios has a "innova fender gap", a bit higher than city and smooth to drive.

kung tipid hanap mo, vios ka na, kung fun and/or porma, city.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If FC is a major concern, IMO a subcompact car is the way to go.
    You might want to consider the mirage, eon, and celerio.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    1.5L AT is more fuel efficient than 1.3L AT because of the way i carries the car during acceleration...

honda city = 5speed AT
    toyota vios = 4speed SuperECT AT

more gears, more efficient...

consider also power to weight ratio (you do the research na)

good luck!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung Vios kunin mo mag taxi ka na lang, wala ka pang cash out. Kung gusto mong pinapara ka ng mga tao dahil akala nila taxi ka then Vios kunin mo

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    Kung Vios kunin mo mag taxi ka na lang, wala ka pang cash out. Kung gusto mong pinapara ka ng mga tao dahil akala nila taxi ka then Vios kunin mo
    Hindi naman pinapara yun dalawang Vios namin. Isang 1.5G at bagong 1.3G.

Yung kotse mo, gaano ba kaganda para sabihan mo ng ganyan ang Vios?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ikaw kung wala kang pambili ng kotse magtaxi ka nalang. Oh baka kulang pa pera mo pantaxi mag jeep ka nalang.

BTT: Vios: lower FC, cheaper to maintain, bigger discounts making it cheaper than city 1.3s AT.
    City: better interior, better overall looks with the new facelifted city.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Wag lang puti o silver

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2012 Vios 1.3G A/T  or  2012 City  1.3S A/T