New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    mga idol patulong naman, right now kasi i'm still contemplating kung alin ang pipiliin ko between the two: 2012 Toyota Hilux E and 2012 Mitsubishi Strada GLX (non-VGT), upon research, ito yung mga nakuha kong info,

2012 Mitsubishi Strada GLX (non-VGT)
    • Higher Engine HP with Intercooler Turbo
    • ABS Brakes with EBD
    • Light Alloy Wheels
    • with Third Brake Lamp
    • Smaller Bed but with Bed Liner
    • Dual Airbag (Driver and Passenger)
    • CLS with Alarm (key incorporated)
    • Car Audio with 4 Speaker System
    • Steering Wheel Audio Remote
    • Rear Windshield Defogger
    • Smaller Turning Radius
    • Uses 8 Liters of Engine Oil
    • Smoother/Softer Ride
    • Much More Reclined Rear Seats with Enough Room for the Front Seats
    • Plastic Rear Bumper
    • Passed the Moose Test
    • Some issues read from The Strada Club of The Philippines FB page (uneven bed stance, leaf springs squeks easily, blocked SVT/EGR, noisy clutch pedal, without AC Air Cleaner, I forgot the others)

2012 Toyota Hilux E
    • Lower Engine HP with Turbo only
    • ABS Brakes without EBD
    • Steel Rims
    • without Third Brake Lamp
    • Bigger Bed but without Bed Liner
    • Single Airbag (Driver Side only)
    • CLS only, without Alarm
    • Car Audio with 2 Speaker System only
    • without Steering Wheel Audio Remote
    • without Rear Windshield Defogger
    • Wider Turning Radius
    • Uses 6 Liters of Engine Oil
    • Bouncier/Stiffer Ride
    • Reclined Rear Seats with Roomier Front Seats
    • Stainless Rear Bumper
    • Failed the Moose Test
    • Haven't read any issues from The Hilux Club of The Philippines FB page

Now for the deal breaker and for you to help me to decide, I just wanna ask, in your own opinion or experiences which one is built tougher and would be much cheaper to maintain (cheaper PMS and Spare Parts), btw, i'm planning to keep the vehicle as long as it would run, say maybe 10 years or more. TIA for your replies!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For what purpose ba? If you're looking for a workhorse, why not the D-Max LX? Pero OK din naman yung Hilux E.

Kung personal car naman, between the pickups, Strada ako. But kung personal car, bat hindi ka nalang mag-sedan, o di kaya'y Tucson GL MT?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Unless you want to load lots of stuff, I'd suggest you get the Strada. Its a lot more comfortable to drive and ride in. Just take good care of the engine though. The 4D56 tends to emit black smoke even when new, and in its latest configuration.

If you haul lots of stuff, like jut703 I suggest you get the D-Max. You get lots of power with the 3.0L engine, but it's still very fuel efficient, especially in manual form. It's got more features than the fleet-minded Hilux J too.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    thanks for the prompt replies sir jut703 and sir GTi, your inputs are highly appreciated , but right now, i'm just contemplating on which between the 2012 Toyota Hilux E and 2012 Mitsubishi Strada GLX (non-VGT) specifically should i get. what i really wanted to know is which one of the two mentioned pick-up trucks, the 2012 Toyota Hilux E and the 2012 Mitsubishi Strada GLX (non-VGT) respectively is built tougher and would be much cheaper to maintain (in terms of cheaper PMS, Spare Parts prices and availabilty), add to it, which one consumes lesser fuel. many thanks!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Everyday use/light hauling -- strada

Workhorse -- Hilux

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    AFAIK the Hilux has the better gas mileage and lower maintenance costs. But it is also a lot down on power as compared to the Strada. Kung for business use lang naman, Hilux na.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Toyota PMS is cheaper compared to mitsubishi.

Been driving an innova g matic for 2 weeks now, i believe its the same engine with the 2.5 hilux. Low end torque is good up to the mid range. For normal driving i can safely say its good enough especially for city driving even carrying heavy loads

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    yan ang ganda sa mitsubishi eh. maakit ka talaga sa mga features

peru para sa akin. strada Dahil sa makina.
    4d56.

OK naman ang. Toyota low maintenance TIpid pa
    parehas lang naman sa dalawa na yan. kahit anu piliin mo OK lang
    dun ka lang kasi talaga talo sa toyota sa features heheh :D
    peru sa Unit, ayus ang Hilux

eh yung navara ba sir hindi mo isasama sa Line UP mo?
    ok din ang navara. malakas ang makina .6 speed transsmision
    pwede kahit saan.
    Last edited by jrn29; June 8th, 2012 at 10:47 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    I agree with the previously stated opinions, Strada has the best ride quality, not under-powered, and good for everyday use and light hauling. For this purpose, Strada na siguro pinaka ok among pick ups. Navara for me is also good, lalo na't high performance siya, pero parang overkill siguro if just for urban drive and light hauling. However, personally, if everyday ride lang rin, I would go for a Crossover SUV, like Tucson or ASX, and not a pick up truck.

For heavy hauling and business use nman, Hilux and D-max for me are the best choices. Lamang ng Hilux is mura maintenance at parts kasi Toyota, but for me tlaga walang biro, D-max has the best engine for this purpose.

Isuzu engines are build to last for a very long time. My friend of mine has one, and for so many years, never may prob, puro change oil lng at tuning. Almost zero parts/maintenance cost is way better than just less and cheap parts/maintenance cost. You can also ask D-max and Alterra users about this ridiculously good fuel efficiency, more or less kasing tipid ng Honda City kapag walang karga, mga 20 km/L.

I don't know why you would want to get a pick up if not for heavy hauling, and then if this really is your purpose, D-max is the way to go, and I don't see a reason why you shouldn't include it in your final list, IMHO.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    strada for me. lamang na lamang sa features including safety. moose test and airbags. speaking of durability, parehas lang ang toyota and mitsubishi. medyo mas mura lang ng konti ang toyota

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2012 Toyota Hilux E vs 2012 Mitsubishi Strada GLX (non-VGT)