The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Avanza.

higher ground clearance
    min turning radius 4.7
    looks better imo

and it's a Toyota = better resale value and for sure abundant parts in the future

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Grand Livina. If it was the old Avanza, this would have been a no-brainer. Now, the Avanza is a much more refined car, and combined with every positive association with Toyota, it actually becomes competitive with the Grand Livina.

That said, the GL is faster, more classy, more spacious, and looks loads better. The GL slots between the Avanza and Innova for me, so I consider it a half a class higher than the Avanza.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by reuelc View Post
    and it's a Toyota = better resale value and for sure abundant parts in the future
    Parts, yes, but because it's a popular taxi unit... not simply because it's a Toyota. Resale... not really. Avanza resale value is not as good as the Innova. Two words: No diesel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    had a chance to drive both avanza 1.3e at and 1.5g mt. the 1.3 looks descent at city driving.

1.5g mt i was expecting better inside out, i was wrong. the silver trims on the doors, dash, and steering wheel feels very cheap. lalo na yung sa steering wheel, gumagalaw sya, manipis yung plastic. yung synthetic leather thats embedded on the manual shift stick you can also feel the quality is bad, manipis din and mukang mag crack overtime. mas maganda pa yung sa vios. pati yung rubber on top of the stick di ko type.

overall from the outside, avanza looks is ok. but inside feels very cheap.

If I'll buy an avanza now i would rather stick to 1.3 na all black/gray. at least di masyado halata yung cheap plastics, tendency kasi if you see other colors is you'll touch it.

imo, value for money pa din avanza and better exterior and space when compared to livina. from the inside, safety, and ride comfort most likely livina.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Never liked Daihatsus. The Avanzas never looked upscale to me, particularly on the inside.

I would rather get a Grand Livina or CRDi Carens.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I am planning to buy my first brand new family car and these two are my top choices.
    Avanza - price, looks, and dual A/C.
    GL - power and performance.

If I have enough money I will go for GL.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    For Family Use: I'd go with the Livina on this one. We have an Avanza and overall its good. it just feels cheap sa interior unlike the Livina. how much ba difference?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd go for the Livina. If I had the money for a 1.5G Avanza, I'd save up and get the Innova J instead.

Hindi pa ba dual AC yung new Livina? It would have been a great upgrade kung dual AC na.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    is the ts aware of the single/front only a/c of the livina? hirap non pag puno at summer. kahit nissan aircon pa yan, maimit sa likod pag bilad sa araw. kahit hiway star single a/c pa din.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    yung price kasi ng livina, pang innova J na rin e :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2012 Toyota Avanza 1.5G  vs Nissan Grand Livina 1.8 XV