New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    inputs please, what would be your choice? And why?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi!
    Hoping you guys can help me choose between the two. priority is performance, then operational expenses (fuel, maint, etc.)

STRADA GLX-V / RANGER XLT M/T 4x2
    Price -1.05M / 1.079M (syempre mas mura, mas ok - strada)
    max power - 178PS / 150PS (mas mabilis ang strada?)
    max torque - 350N-m / 375N-m (mas malakas/torqy ang ranger?)
    tranny - 4 Auto / 6 Manual (mas prefer ko manual - ranger)
    FC - 4at * 2.5 / 6mt * 2.2 (siguro mas matipid ang ranger)
    PMS - strada (nearer casa / available parts)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    IMO, Ford Ranger. Although mukhang pahirapan ata makakuha ng units ngayon.

And mas preferred mo pala manual, eh di Ranger na. :lol:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    oo nga, been reading yung thread ng ranger, pahirapan nga.
    ang worry ko lang is the max power difference - iiwan ba ng strada yung ranger?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by taraki17 View Post
    oo nga, been reading yung thread ng ranger, pahirapan nga.
    ang worry ko lang is the max power difference - iiwan ba ng strada yung ranger?
    Di ko alam eh. Pero siguro. Mabilis naman din kasi VGT ng Mitsubishi. But then, would you really take it up to speeds like 200kph? Delikado na yan. Parehong mataas yung center of gravity nila, pantayan mo pa ng tires with a relatively thin width.

Acceleration might favor the Ranger because of the torque advantage it has over the strada but it might also equal out or even favor the Strada if ever the Strada wins sa power to weight ratio.

Both can go over 150kph without a sweat, and at those kind of speeds nakakatakot na rin considering you're using a pick-up not a sports car with low center of gravity.

Kung gusto mo ng mabilis tapos manual, andyan yung Navara. 6MT din yun AFAIK.

Flood fording abilities on the other hand, the Ranger wins if I remember correctly.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i personally prefer strada. mura na, sulit pa sa features. madali dn maintain and mitsu is very durable. parang toyota rin yan e. ang ford durable naman, pero ang mahal ng parts. if you prefer MT, why not get MT strada? pero kung madalas mo to kakargahan ng mga mabibigat, ranger is better. bago pa. e kung city lang dn naman, and you dont mind na mas luma ang strada, strada na.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    i personally prefer strada. mura na, sulit pa sa features. madali dn maintain and mitsu is very durable. parang toyota rin yan e. ang ford durable naman, pero ang mahal ng parts. if you prefer MT, why not get MT strada? pero kung madalas mo to kakargahan ng mga mabibigat, ranger is better. bago pa. e kung city lang dn naman, and you dont mind na mas luma ang strada, strada na.
    Ford is also cheap to maintain as long as you know where to get your parts from aside CASA. One example is MazFord in Banawe. I'm pretty sure FCP can also give you a helping hand if ever you need to source out not-so common parts for the vehicle.

Ford is as well durable. Remember Ondoy? There were cars that was flooded until the roof and all it needed was complete detailing and few minor fixes, unlike other brands that needed a complete ECU replacement and what not.

As to why is this, ang alam ko Ford ECUs especially with the Ranger & Everest are considered waterproof. Or if not totally waterproof, malaki ang resistance sa tubig. So it's a plus as well.

Disclaimer lang: I don't own a Ford. Although a family friend used to own two. An Expedition and an Explorer Sport Trac, and boy these guys had good times with it 'til the units were sold. And if the Ranger uses the same AC system that's found on the current Everest, it's ice cold. I've been in three Everests, grabe lamig. My new Toyota can't even compare with how cold Ford's AC system is.

On a daily basis, torque lang naman usually kailangan. HP comes important when you're doing high-speed run all the time. Sa pag-akyat rin sa kung saan saan torque pa rin ang kailangan.

I'm not saying that the Strada is bad, in fact it's one good car. All I'm saying is, when you want a specific car -- and it looks like you favor the Ranger more -- get it. Mahirap magsisi.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Di ko alam eh. Pero siguro. Mabilis naman din kasi VGT ng Mitsubishi. But then, would you really take it up to speeds like 200kph? Delikado na yan. Parehong mataas yung center of gravity nila, pantayan mo pa ng tires with a relatively thin width.

Acceleration might favor the Ranger because of the torque advantage it has over the strada but it might also equal out or even favor the Strada if ever the Strada wins sa power to weight ratio.

Both can go over 150kph without a sweat, and at those kind of speeds nakakatakot na rin considering you're using a pick-up not a sports car with low center of gravity.

Kung gusto mo ng mabilis tapos manual, andyan yung Navara. 6MT din yun AFAIK.

Flood fording abilities on the other hand, the Ranger wins if I remember correctly.
    mas magaan ang glx-V (2760kg) kaysa sa ranger (2925kg), so lamang ang strada sa power-to-weight.

mabilis nga daw ang navara, pero mas mahal, hindi ko na kaya.

i think panalo rin sa features ang ranger, almost similar or talo pa nga yata ang strada???

mas gusto ko yung glx-V kahit na AT dahil sa VGT nito, yung glx MT kasi non-VGT.
    Last edited by taraki17; July 14th, 2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: add

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ano ano ba Features ang sulit sa Strada GLX-V compared sa All-New Ranger XLT?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    test drive both sir. haha. so you can feel the power kung ano mas gusto mo. pati comfort and features malalaman mo din

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
2012 strada 4x2 at glx-V vs 2012 ranger 4x2 mt xlt