New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Guys ano ba magandang kunin sa dalawa? TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you have the cash.. get the Land Cruiser in white.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    and a number 8 plAte number to complement the cars looks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    If you have the cash.. get the Land Cruiser in white.
    I agree. Though when I checked a few months back, a fully decked out LC150 (Prado) at gray market dealers will cost close to about as much as a relatively bare LC200.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I'd get the Pajero in this one if mostly city driven. Bang for the buck vs. the Prado IMO.

But if its going to see offroad, I may get the KDSS equipped M/T Prado.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Guys I'm thinking of getting a 2013 Pajero DSL over a Prado 4.0. Here are my pros and cons

Pros & Cons
    1. Pajero cheaper than the Prado by 420T, 435T if WP Prado
    2. Pajero is DSL so should be cheaper by 500 to 1000 per refuel and should give better mileage
    3. Pajero will have higher maintenance costs due to being DSL engine
    4. Prado should have higher resale value due to being a Toyota? Or will the Pajero have a higher resale value due to being DSL?
    5. I believe both are Made in Japan
    6. Pajero might have more issues in the long run like squeaks, etc
    7. Pajero has more parts since the engine is 4M41
    8. Prado might get a facelift soon but will be more expensive

Which of the 2 has a better ride? I think the Pajero already uses a unibody design. Which has the better noise insulation?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Guys I'm thinking of getting a 2013 Pajero DSL over a Prado 4.0. Here are my pros and cons

Pros & Cons
    1. Pajero cheaper than the Prado by 420T, 435T if WP Prado
    2. Pajero is DSL so should be cheaper by 500 to 1000 per refuel and should give better mileage
    3. Pajero will have higher maintenance costs due to being DSL engine
    4. Prado should have higher resale value due to being a Toyota? Or will the Pajero have a higher resale value due to being DSL?

5. I believe both are Made in Japan
    6. Pajero might have more issues in the long run like squeaks, etc
    7. Pajero has more parts since the engine is 4M41
    8. Prado might get a facelift soon but will be more expensive

Which of the 2 has a better ride? I think the Pajero already uses a unibody design. Which has the better noise insulation?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    3. If you get a very good oil filter (baldwin, fleetguard, wix) for your 4m41 (madami available eh), you can easily extend OCI to 10,000kms. Buy a diesel tuning chip plus drop-in K&N with an oil catch can installed and you're gonna have an even better engine with lesser maintenance.
    4. DSL have higher resale value than gas engines (mostly). Plus a pajero is still a pajero. If you do # 3 most especially.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Pajero has the higher resale value percentage if you're buying the Prado from the dealership. If you buy the Prado from the gray market... patas lang.

Kawawa ka sa resale value sa "official" Prado, because Saudi gray market units are so prevalent.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the Pajero even if its old. Terrific resale value and fairly easy to sell. Considering its high resale value, just drop the price a tad more than usual and you'd have buyers flocking at your door.

The 4M41 is a large diesel engine and therefore not known for its fuel efficiency. But if compared to the Prado gas, it is leagues ahead. Maintenance cost is more expensive, but not by THAT much. For the usual PMS session as compared to gasoline engines, you probably buy an additional gallon of motor oil and that's it. If you don't travel a lot, you'd be doing maintenance approximately twice a year so additional cost is negligible.

Pajero might have more squeaks in the long run? Why would you say so? This will depend on how you take care of your car. If you don't treat it as a rally car all the time then it'd go decades before you hear its very first suspension squeak. Our workhorse vehicle, a 2001 Revo, has 98tkms on the clock and has been to Aparri, Cagayan multiple times. Despite ladder frame vehicles like this one generally being more prone to squeaks as compared to unibody ones, nothing has ever been heard from its suspension.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lexwen View Post
    Guys ano ba magandang kunin sa dalawa? TIA
    TOYOTA Prado 3.0 D-4D (1KD-FTV)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2012 Pajero vs. 2012 Prado VX