New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi guys, maybe you can help me which one to get. I'm gonna use it mostly ON road. Maybe 95% of the time. I like the Navara tech extremes looks ang interior. Also all the added feautures such as the leather seats, DVD on headrest, camera backup assist and sensors. The thing I don't like about it is the 4x4 coz I'm not gonna use it off road and adds additional 300k more to the price, but I like the off road look to it. If there was a tech extreme in 4x2 then that's what I would get, but there isn't.

Now, I've seen the new ford ranger 4x2 looks very nice, has that 4x4 look, but I think it doesn't have those things that I mentioned what the tech extreme has. But the price difference is very tempting.

For the owners of Navara and ranger, what can you say about the power, speed? Comfort? Reliability? Fuel consumption? Btw, the sales lady showed me the torque on the Navara and it was like 400 plus, very high! Is this the fastest pickup sold locally?

Is there a new Navara coming out anytime soon? Just wanna be sure, the current one is 4yrs old
    right?

Your opinions would be much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    My wife used to drive a 4x2 AT Nav.
    For a truck, its agile, fast and easy to drive.
    Before those speed radars, effortless at stable ang 160kmh sa Star Toll at Skyway
    Effortless din ang umakyat ng Batangas-tagaytay via zigzag and steep "Sungay" road.
    Sa zigzag naman sa daang hari, kayang kayang makipag habulan sa Tucson ko.
    Mas matipid din sa Fuel. Full tank e 3 to 4 na balikan makati-Cavite.
    Whereas my Tucson can hardly make 3 trips in one full tank.

And compared to her new Montero, mas magaan pa rin daw gamitin yung Nav nya dati. Mas responsive ang Nav, both in terms of acceleration and braking.

However, Nav Fun stops at the driver's seat.
    Di comfortable ang 2nd row at para kang minamasahe pag hindi pantay ang pagkaka-gawa ng kalsada, or pag lubak lubak. Its really a high performance Truck, not a "lifestyle truck" like Strada.

Di pa ako nakakasakay sa bagong ranger pero as per auto reviews, mas comfortable pa raw siya sa Strada and that's saying a lot.

I'd consider the Navara over the Ranger. Even while you intend to use it more on paved roadways, you never know when you'll want to do some cross-country...

An uncle of mine has a 4WD Chevrolet Blazer (2.5L Maxion turbodiesel and Clark manual 5-speed transmission), and he often uses its 4WD low-range while towing thru paved hilly roads.

2012 Nissan Navara Tech Extreme 4x4 A/T or 2012 Ford Ranger 4x2 A/T