New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ Kahit naman wala sa Drive pero gumagalaw ng pakonte konte, mahirap yung laging naka handbrake.

Pedal always on the brake. Tapos alternate nalang between N and D.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I don't know. Haven't ridden both. But if you were to stay safe. Get either the Camry or the Accord.

If you want the ultra luxo, exec feel... I guess I'd give it to the Teana.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Bastos View Post
    Waiting for GTi's car comparison tip.

;)
    Ako rin eh.

Waiting for GTi's biased comments

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ako rin eh.

Waiting for GTi's biased comments
    Mga kopal ba nanaman yan hahaha

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung looks and features lang ang habol pwede na Sonata

Pero kapag power gusto, Accord 3.5S-V na. Or Camry 3.5Q.

Personal choice ko parin Sonata. Or I'll buy the Kia Optima 2.0 GDi Turbo na binebenta ni AutoAccess 1.8M lang eh. Tapos 271BHP.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hinihintay ako? :rofl: Mga kopal talaga eh.

Oh eto na ang "biased" opinion ko. Pero kahit gaano ka-bias di parin nagkakalayo sa opinion ni SG eh.
    2.4 ba lahat? I say Sonata for the features, looks and stage presence. Accord if you are looking for a driver's car. Or Camry if you really like those power reclining rear seats. Although for this price range, I'd suggest a 2010 or 2011 Accord V6 instead. The highway gas mileage will really surprise you.

+1 sa Optima Turbo. It should give better city mileage if driven with a light foot. And then the looks...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    On average I'm getting around 6.3km/L. But my car is by far perfect as a comparison as my extensive ICE setup alone deducts around 1-1.5km on every liter.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    On average I'm getting around 6.3km/L. But my car is by far perfect as a comparison as my extensive ICE setup alone deducts around 1-1.5km on every liter.
    Hmm~ Kung ganun OK narin pala yung fuel consumption niya. Hindi nagkakalayo sa FC ng K24 Accord namin. How's the driving style? Medyo bigatin kasi yung paa nung main driver ng kotse na yan eh.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hmm~ Kung ganun OK narin pala yung fuel consumption niya. Hindi nagkakalayo sa FC ng K24 Accord namin. How's the driving style? Medyo bigatin kasi yung paa nung main driver ng kotse na yan eh.
    so far yung sa akin 5-6 km/L lang. hoping this will improve after the break in period (wala pa 1000km). mas matipid sa akin actually yung tucson theta, i get around 7-8 km/l with that (2.0).

BTT, kung 2.4, i guess best value for money na talaga yung sonata.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    It really depends on the route as my FC comes from 90% city 10% highway driving. My driving style is pretty conservative on the gas.. however, I won't hesitate to floor the pedal if I'm pissed at X jeepney stopping in front of me. I don't shoulder the gas bills after all *wink*

Just last week I ranged 5.4km/L.. thanks to horrible EDSA and Ortigas Avenue experiences. Banawe -> EDSA -> Ortigas took 2 hours while Greenhills -> Ortigas Ave. Extension -> Ortigas took 30minutes on two separate trips. I wasn't able to gauge whether FC was better post-breakin as I've installed my ICE setup just the day after my 1,000km PMS.

What I would complain about is that I wish they would change the gearing of the 4th, 5th, and 6th gears respectively. The fourth gear is too short and 90% of the time you'll find yourself in the 5th gear during Sunday drivings. The 6th gear kicks in at 70km/h which I feel is a tad bit too early. I would have liked it at around 80km/h to lower my RPM during highway drives where I steady at 100km/h (6th gear 2,000RPM on the Theta II)

As a family, we don't really worry about gas bills. If we do, we wouldn't have two Expeditions with bulletproofing (3-4km/L on city anyone?). But we do compute for average gas consumption just for the fun of it. My previous Mazda3's gas consumption is actually around that thanks to the weight being carried by the 1.6L engine. Revving while driving the 1.6L Mazda is NOT rare at all. More often than not, I find myself touching the 4k RPM range just to satisfy my need of a "fast" start -- something that I really noticed when jumping to the 2.4L bandwagon.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; March 27th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast