New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I wouldn't worry about the engine. Of course, I'd prefer to GDi version but since wala tayo nun, I guess I'll be content with the same power plant of Tucson owners. If I'd have to nitpick, transmission needs improvement ;) plow down your foot and the transmission would hesitate for a second before transferring that you-need-to-go-to-CR-ASAP response down to the tires.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the engine. Of course, I'd prefer to GDi version but since wala tayo nun, I guess I'll be content with the same power plant of Tucson owners. If I'd have to nitpick, transmission needs improvement ;) plow down your foot and the transmission would hesitate for a second before transferring that you-need-to-go-to-CR-ASAP response down to the tires.
    Diba si webson naka F24 GDi ...

Nakita ko in person yung Sonata, wowowee!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rymngh View Post
    2013 ford fusion po ba?
    Yep. However take account that there's no Fusion being sold locally. In the future, who knows? Nissan is also putting out a refresh of their US market Altima soon too. Judging from the teaser pictures, it looks like the Sonata would have a competitor when it comes to sleekness. Then again, they just "introduced" the Altima to the Philippine markets so the next refresh of the current old Altima would be years years away..

Being a Sonata owner, I can give some first-hand feedback on my experience. The reason why I jumped on the purchase last year was basically due to the SRP difference. At the end, it's a tri-way between the Mazda6, Accord, and Sonata. I had a chance to compare the Accord and Sonata exterior-wise one day side-by-side in Fort High Street (coincidence much.. ) and the question was "is 'this' worth the 150k difference?". I answered "no" and the next thing I knew I was signing the check. Reliability? Take a trip to South Korea.

Camry was easily off the initial list since.. it's boring. The number of them out in the streets alone confirms it. If you're looking to blend in, I'd buy it in a snap. If you're commonly designated to the back seats, the Camry would rank quite high on your list.

The Accord is a behemoth. Biggest in the midsize category but driving it was easier than you'd initially judge. It's more athletic versus the Sonata on my experience and suspension was spot-on for me (My "ass" want: 60% firmness). If I wouldn't need the 100k, I'd say it's a top performer.

Mazda6 was on the list because... I'm the driver 99% of the time. Then again, it's too firm for my ass :naughty2: and that's coming from a former Mazda3 driver. In an analogy: I'm like sitting in a naked wooden stool on the Mazda3, the Mazda6 is like throwing a medium thin cushion over it, while the Camry is like sitting on my bed pillow. If price was a bit more competitive, it would have been on par with the Honda IMO.

Personally, I miss my Mazda3 razor sharp handling though I'd definitely don't miss how it takes me 11 seconds to get from 0-60mph. Sometimes, I wonder why I bought the Sonata rather than a 3.8 GC.. but at the end of a day while stuck in traffic at EDSA, I'd look at my speakers... and simply smile

EDIT: Webson's imported Sonata GDi costs 2M. 500k for 20 more ponies, dual exhaust tips, and other misc.-perks-that-I-forgot isn't really bang-per-buck. I'd visit Speedlabs first then pay a visit to Clifford Yap afterwards.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; March 25th, 2012 at 10:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Yep. However take account that there's no Fusion being sold locally. In the future, who knows? Nissan is also putting out a refresh of their US market Altima soon too. Judging from the teaser pictures, it looks like the Sonata would have a competitor when it comes to sleekness. Then again, they just "introduced" the Altima to the Philippine markets so the next refresh of the current old Altima would be years years away..

Being a Sonata owner, I can give some first-hand feedback on my experience. The reason why I jumped on the purchase last year was basically due to the SRP difference. At the end, it's a tri-way between the Mazda6, Accord, and Sonata. I had a chance to compare the Accord and Sonata exterior-wise one day side-by-side in Fort High Street (coincidence much.. ) and the question was "is 'this' worth the 150k difference?". I answered "no" and the next thing I knew I was signing the check. Reliability? Take a trip to South Korea.

Camry was easily off the initial list since.. it's boring. The number of them out in the streets alone confirms it. If you're looking to blend in, I'd buy it in a snap. If you're commonly designated to the back seats, the Camry would rank quite high on your list.

The Accord is a behemoth. Biggest in the midsize category but driving it was easier than you'd initially judge. It's more athletic versus the Sonata on my experience and suspension was spot-on for me (My "ass" want: 60% firmness). If I wouldn't need the 100k, I'd say it's a top performer.

Mazda6 was on the list because... I'm the driver 99% of the time. Then again, it's too firm for my ass :naughty2: and that's coming from a former Mazda3 driver. In an analogy: I'm like sitting in a naked wooden stool on the Mazda3, the Mazda6 is like throwing a medium thin cushion over it, while the Camry is like sitting on my bed pillow. If price was a bit more competitive, it would have been on par with the Honda IMO.

Personally, I miss my Mazda3 razor sharp handling though I'd definitely don't miss how it takes me 11 seconds to get from 0-60mph. Sometimes, I wonder why I bought the Sonata rather than a 3.8 GC.. but at the end of a day while stuck in traffic at EDSA, I'd look at my speakers... and simply smile

EDIT: Webson's imported Sonata GDi costs 2M. 500k for 20 more ponies, dual exhaust tips, and other misc.-perks-that-I-forgot isn't really bang-per-buck. I'd visit Speedlabs first then pay a visit to Clifford Yap afterwards.
    thank you for your honest opinion. hindi po ba mas maliit ang honda accord? kasi kanina lang pag ka ikot ko sa accord parang ang liit nya compared to the other two. ang ayaw ko kasi sa camry napaka boring ng interior nya. maganda ang likod dahil parang bossing ka talaga kaso yung harap talaga puro kahoy walang technology kaya na turn off ako haha

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rymngh View Post
    thank you for your honest opinion. hindi po ba mas maliit ang honda accord? kasi kanina lang pag ka ikot ko sa accord parang ang liit nya compared to the other two. ang ayaw ko kasi sa camry napaka boring ng interior nya. maganda ang likod dahil parang bossing ka talaga kaso yung harap talaga puro kahoy walang technology kaya na turn off ako haha
    The Accord is the biggest overall. However, get behind the wheel and does feel smaller compared to the Sonata. As an audio enthusiast, the Sonata's class-leading trunk is a mini-plus for me too. One of the things I do in showrooms is popping the trunk and seeing how many space I can get. More means easier installation of multiple amplifiers in my case.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sir jhnkvn, kamusta yung FC ng Sonata 2.4?

Our 2003 Camry 2.4 kasi is doing 7-8KM/L City, while my sister's Tucson 2.0 is only doing 5KM/L.

Am thinking that either malakas sa gas yung Theta II or that the underpowered lang yung 2.0 for the Tucson's body.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    There's something wrong with the Tucson

Our Sportage Theta II can do 6.4km/L sa traffic.

Pero average niya is 7.6km/L.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Waiting for GTi's car comparison tip.

;)

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    There's something wrong with the Tucson

Our Sportage Theta II can do 6.4km/L sa traffic.

Pero average niya is 7.6km/L.
    Hehe. Traffic routes kasi namin, nakababad yung paa mo sa brake pedal eh.

Although the Camry's route has a little more open roads, parang masyado yatang malapit yung gas figures ng 2.0 sa 2.4.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mda

Hehe. Traffic routes kasi namin, nakababad yung paa mo sa brake pedal eh.

Although the Camry's route has a little more open roads, parang masyado yatang malapit yung gas figures ng 2.0 sa 2.4.
    Mag neutral ka and handbrake, nde mo kelangan babad sa brake pedal paa mo kung traffic

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast