New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Guys, what would be the best buy for the two? which is more fuel efficient for city driving(around makati area)? hope to hear from existing owners out there, opinions would be much appreciated, thankyou

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I haven't driven the Rio yet, but if it's significantly less peppy than the un-torquey Jazz, I'd go for the Jazz.

The Jazz is more spacious and has no known major issues (ehem Gamma knocking). It's overpriced, but you might appreciate the toys it has (I don't).

If I could add another choice into the list, I'd suggest the Ford Fiesta Sport instead. Better handling than the Jazz, much cheaper, and in my opinion, looks better too.

The Rio is a good looking car with a lot of toys, but for 838k I'm expecting a 1.5/1.6L engine.

All 3 are just about as fuel efficient as each other.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ano itsura nung special ed?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ano itsura nung special ed?

ito yun sir.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think yung special edition na sinasabi niya is yung JDM-spec Jazz. The "special" being that it's JDM and looks different from the Thai model.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd get the Jazz. Its JDM! It will most likely have excellent resale value when you sell it afterwards.

As compared to the Jazz, the local Rio lacks punch. I don't find it worth the money with the 1.4L engine. Yung resulta parang all bark but no bite. But if it is the KDM grey market version with the 1.6L GDI engine then that would be very different...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd get the Jazz. Its JDM! It will most likely have excellent resale value when you sell it afterwards.

As compared to the Jazz, the local Rio lacks punch. I don't find it worth the money with the 1.4L engine. Yung resulta parang all bark but no bite. But if it is the KDM grey market version with the 1.6L GDI engine then that would be very different...
    Very risky if you get the non-detuned GDi Rio, most probably it would have fuel-issues unless you let it sip Blaze 100. But then, who would want to spend that much on expensive fuel for a sub-compact car?

Even for compacts, the farthest i'd go would be the higher-spec premium unless the engine asks me to upgrade to the most expensive kind of fuel.

---

*cb/jut : Oh, I thought he was referring to the Mugen-ed Jazz. Pero 1M+ nga pala yun. Honda talaga...

---

*Topic : Although the Rio looks nice, I'd really stay away from the Gamma engines for the meantime. Matipid din naman yung 1.5L Jazz, well.. basing from the 1.5E City since same engine lang naman sila. Makulit lang yung engine though, onting tapak ... downshift sipa to 4-5k rpm. Para tuloy parati naiyak makina. Hehe.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hey,

I drive a Jazz 1.5 V MMC Thai. I haven't driven the new Rio but I'm very very very happy with my Jazz. Around the City, I do around 8-9Km/L if super traffic tsaka lang 7km/L. Highway driving, easy 12 - 13 Km/L. Best I've had so far was 15Km/L.

They say the Rio and Accent share this engine knocking problem. Honestly, I dont know anything bout that but for me if there are issues like that coming from different sources, why risk your hard earn money on something that might require you to gas up using high grade expensive fuel? I only use Shell Fuel Save unleaded on my Jazz

A better alternative might be the Ford Fiesta, I test drove it before and found that it revs too much and that it sticks to the low gears a little bit too long that needed before it shifts up. I heard this is a computer problem and that it can be fixed lang daw, I have my friend who has a fiesta. he brought it in sa Casa para maayos. Also mas masikip sya. The bluetooth and other toys are great by the way. But I needed space.

As for the JDM or Thai. it basically boils down on the buyer. JDM has audio controls, power sidemirrors, cooler glove compartment and leather wrapped steering wheel vs. RS Body kit and more importantly "REAR DISC BRAKES". Your Choice. =) Good luck!

Here's my Jazz, I still can't get over her. Maybe I should name her Georgina Wilson.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    ito yun sir.

nice. especially the color... anong klaseng green 'to sir?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    *cb/jut : Oh, I thought he was referring to the Mugen-ed Jazz. Pero 1M+ nga pala yun. Honda talaga...

*Topic : Although the Rio looks nice, I'd really stay away from the Gamma engines for the meantime. Matipid din naman yung 1.5L Jazz, well.. basing from the 1.5E City since same engine lang naman sila. Makulit lang yung engine though, onting tapak ... downshift sipa to 4-5k rpm. Para tuloy parati naiyak makina. Hehe.
    Diba merong limited ed. FD Civic na Mugen ata (or Modulo ba?) na binebenta for 1.26M a year or two ago? Haha may mga kumagat nun, so tinry uli ng Honda sa Jazz :eviltongu

Sa agad-agarang downshift, lahat halos ng Honda na na-drive ko, ganyan - GE Jazz 1.5V, City 1.3S, gen1 CR-V, FD Civic 1.8. Siguro dahil na rin sa tuning, hindi siya katulad ng Altis na pag gusto mo humataw, lagpas ka lang konti ng 2k may banat na. Ganun din siguro Vios mo. Downside lang, parang nawawalan ng hininga pag umabot 6k, unlike the Hondas which are aliiiiiiive at this range.

Quote Originally Posted by ecneret View Post
    nice. especially the color... anong klaseng green 'to sir?
    Fresh Lime Metallic yung name niyan. Ewan ko lang kung meron pa kasi mukhang Thai-spec Jazz na uli binibenta satin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast