New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mas mahal resale value ng Honda kasi Volvo-like daw...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    Test drive both first. Although the CRV loses out in features, the suspension is better than Sportage. But the diesel of Sportage is better. The small things can only be appreciated if you test drive the vehicle. Here is a comparison to help you decide: Ford Escape vs. Honda CR-V vs. Kia Sportage vs. Mazda CX-5 vs. Volkswagen Tiguan - 2012/2013 Compact Crossover SUV Comparison - Motor Trend

The CX5 is also a good option even if it's gas.

Thanks for the insights everyone! I read that motor trend article. We test drove the CR-V and my wife really likes the ride. We will have a test-drive for the Sportage this week. I've also been looking at the new Ford Escape, as i test drove it in the US while on vacation. Any news when Ford will release it here? Also does anyone know what the specs of the Thailand made CRV will be? And lastly, anyone with experience on aftermarket service of grey market units?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallinari View Post
    Thanks for the insights everyone! I read that motor trend article. We test drove the CR-V and my wife really likes the ride. We will have a test-drive for the Sportage this week. I've also been looking at the new Ford Escape, as i test drove it in the US while on vacation. Any news when Ford will release it here? Also does anyone know what the specs of the Thailand made CRV will be? And lastly, anyone with experience on aftermarket service of grey market units?
    contact ford and honda. sila talaga ang nakakaalam nyan, pag hindi pa nila alam kailan lalabas, matagal pa talaga yan :D

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sportage na kunin mo. Mas mura diesel, mas matipid uminom, mabilis pa tumakbo. Even in the horsepower department halos patas lang sila, although the Sportage reaches it in 4000rpm and the CRV in a sportscar-like 7000rpm . In terms of FC, malakas humigop ang K24. In fact malakas humigop ang mga K-series engines in general. Biro mo yung V6 J30 namin gets 5km/L at yung I4 K24 namin gets 6km/L.

Maintenance service naman ng grey market depende kung saan ka kumuha. Some of them have their own casa, and/or have ties with the local dealership so that you can have it serviced there.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Any thoughts on the newly released local Kia Sportage diesel? We were thinking of buying that and installing leather seats and maybe some new mags.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sportage diesel 2.0 - 177ps / 40kgm
    Crv 2.4 - 185ps / 22.4kgm

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    Sportage diesel 2.0 - 177ps / 40kgm
    Crv 2.4 - 185ps / 22.4kgm
    Layman's terms please? Car illiterate noob here. Ha ha

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    mas mabilis po crv ng onti pero mas malakas hatak ng sportage ng halos doble. I didn't check the curb weight though so it might not translate to almost double but I can guarantee you the evgt engine does not disappoint when it comes to acceleration. test drive to really feel the torque of the engine

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Next year pa yata yun new Escape. Wala sa lineup ng Ford this year unless they make a last minute change.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ang 40 KGM & 22.4 KGM po ay torque ng Sportage & CRV respectively. Kung nakasakay po kayo ng accent crdi taxi sigurado na na-experience nyo gaano kalakas humatak ang makina nya, 24.5 KGM po ang torque nitong accent. So kung ikompara sa 40 KGM torque ng sportage eh sisiw ang accent crdi. HTH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2012 Honda Cr-V EX 2.4 or 2012 Kia Sportage Premium diesel?