New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hey Guys,
    I'm looking for an SUV for my wife, something she can use to work daily and out go out of town occasionally with. Based on our budget, (around 1.6M) and our needs ( mostly city, sometimes out of town, ample storage space, high clearance for flash floods in edsa ) and other considerations (Hey I'd want to drive it too!) We've narrowed down our choices to the New CR-V (1.655M) and the grey market diesel sportage at Autoaccess or pittstop motors (around 1.65M). My concerns with the CR-V are value for money, as it seems to lack a lot of the bells and whistles premium variants normally have ( leather seats, HID lights, Push start button), and it is gasoline powered. I love everything about the grey market Sportage, it has all options, and it is diesel. However I am not sure how it will age 4-5 years from now ( when we normally change cars), how its resale value will be, and of course the aftermarket service and warranty as it is a grey market unit. Would appreciate your thoughts and Inputs. Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sportage na. Tatagal naman yan, just look at the 1st gen sportage.

Di sulit crv. Di pa ganun kaganda imho. And the diesel engine is really fast

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    mukhang the way you speak mas gusto mo talaga sportage sir. go for it. kung 4-5 years paguusapan. kayang kaya yan, maiksi lang yun e. pero kung more than 10 years, i think cr-v mas lamang. mas maporma din sportage for me. ang kagandahan lang ng CRV, japan CBU sya. if you're planning to sell it, mas madaming interested buyers pag japan CBU.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    mukhang the way you speak mas gusto mo talaga sportage sir. go for it. kung 4-5 years paguusapan. kayang kaya yan, maiksi lang yun e. pero kung more than 10 years, i think cr-v mas lamang. mas maporma din sportage for me. ang kagandahan lang ng CRV, japan CBU sya. if you're planning to sell it, mas madaming interested buyers pag japan CBU.
    not just japan cbu, mas marami lang talaga fans ng honda. so technically mas madali ibenta ito..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    not just japan cbu, mas marami lang talaga fans ng honda. so technically mas madali ibenta ito..
    oo din. but additional factor din yun at times

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Doon ka na sa mas gusto mo. 4 to 5 years from now walang makapag sabi kung magkano ang resale value ng CRV & Sportage. Baka dikit lang yan. CRDi powered SUV ngayon ay mataas ang resale value

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd say that the CR-V may have a slight price edge after 4-5 years. The upright 'H' badge still has a big following, so there will likely still be a good demand.

The italicized H and the K badges are doing well, however. I would think whatever you supposedly lose out on resale value, you gain in terms of something intangible -- a better and more luxurious ownership experience -- granted since it has all the bells and whistles that you can appreciate.

I'd go with the Sportage. Looks alone, panalo na. Features pa.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    di ba ALL WHEEL DRIVE ang sportage na top of the line??

how about yung new crv?? real time o 2wd na lang??

nakita ko yung new CRV... medyo kamukha ng hyundai sta fe

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dikit lng resale value nyan, sureball yan. :D
    Just check out resale ng Kia Sorento vs Fortuner. Dikit halos e.
    I think resale value has an effect if the car you are selling is 1.6L and below. :D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Test drive both first. Although the CRV loses out in features, the suspension is better than Sportage. But the diesel of Sportage is better. The small things can only be appreciated if you test drive the vehicle. Here is a comparison to help you decide: Ford Escape vs. Honda CR-V vs. Kia Sportage vs. Mazda CX-5 vs. Volkswagen Tiguan - 2012/2013 Compact Crossover SUV Comparison - Motor Trend

The CX5 is also a good option even if it's gas.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
2012 Honda Cr-V EX 2.4 or 2012 Kia Sportage Premium diesel?