New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    And skip the Sport Plus, just get the regular Sport. IMO the Sport Plus is not worth it...
    Oo nga ngayon ko lang napansin na Sport Plus pala kinoconsider dito.

The Fiesta Sport is much better value for money for much less money and no tacky racing stripes.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    honda jazz for me

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Fiesta does drive much better than the Rio... though the Rio has better plastics and has about the same level of refinement.

In terms of fun-to-drive (handling only, not power), the subcompacts go like this:

1. Mazda2
    2. Swift
    3. Fiesta
    4. Jazz

5. Rio

-

6. Accent/Vios/Yaris

Of the rest behind the Jazz, the Rio has the best body control... and would actually rate as high as the Jazz or higher if the electric steering weren't so dead-feeling.

In terms of accelerative punch for the TOTL cars (subjective, not based on 0-100 times, but the "kick" you get when you floor it), the Jazz is still tops, followed closely by the Mazda2 and Accent. The Fiesta is powerful, and has short gearing, but the logic that preserves the transmission from damage smooths out shifts and makes it feel lazy until the revs get higher. The Yaris/Vios literally lurch when you press on the pedal, but that's just aggressive throttle-mapping... past that lurch, nothing. The Rio... 1.4 plus eco-mode... that's all you need to know... The Swift only has a 1.4, and the transmission is also a bit lazy.

At high speeds, the Jazz and Fiesta are tops. Most top end power. Most gears. Really quick on the highway, until you get caught for overspeeding.

-

If the only metric is "fun", it's hard to beat the Mazda2. Great combination of light weight, short gearing (for use in traffic) and lively handling and good steering. If you really don't need that much space in the rear (but remember, it's got the same rear seat space as a Vios or Fiesta... it's just the cloth seat backs make it feel smaller), then it's a fun little plaything.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    awesome feedback niky. I gotta hand it to you i agree with what u said.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Ford fanboy in me says this...

Don't take it seriously hehe...

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'd take the Fiesta on this one. You already have an innova so space is not a matter anymore than before. I'll only take the jazz if it's my only car.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi All - thank you for all your posts, yes this is my second car. AFter careful consideration of your inputs (together with niky's post) - we decided to buy the Fiesta Sport Plus (Black). Reason being, is that wifey wanted a black color with all the gizmos and safety factors. Ofcourse the discount made us decide to invest in the Fiesta. The brand and resale value is not a concern as my family owns other Ford cars.

Again Thank you!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The Ford fanboy in me says this...

Don't take it seriously hehe...
    Sir tidus1203 - can you please share the link to this site? I watched this in one of my friends iphone.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPrince View Post
    Sir tidus1203 - can you please share the link to this site? I watched this in one of my friends iphone.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDN2bCIyus]DC SHOES: KEN BLOCK'S GYMKHANA FIVE: ULTIMATE URBAN PLAYGROUND; SAN FRANCISCO - YouTube[/ame]

Congrats on your new ride by the way.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Pahabol lang... we both have these cars.. fiesta= brother jazz=mine

fiesta fun to drive talaga., ganda ng position ng driver.,problema lang talaga yung space niya sa back passenger..pag sinagad mo yung seat mo sa harap tapos medyo naka baba pa, sigurado naka angat na yung paa ng pasahero mo sa likod. as compare to jazz na kahit sagad na ang seats eh comfortable pa din ang passenger sa likod... well congrats pa din on your new ride sir... ride safe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2012 Ford fiesta Hatch 1.6 Sport Plus vs. 2012 Honda jazz 1.5?