New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    So which one would you choose and why? I am not good with cars so just pick one according to your preference and let me know why- points you consider, etc.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    looks elantra pero di rin naman malayo ang lancer
    reliability and aftersales service lancer
    overall id buy the lancer

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd pick the Elantra based on gut feel, just because the Lancer seems to be slower and less economical on paper (heavier, less power). Hopefully local reviews come up soon.

The Elantra's interior looks much better than the Lancer, and to me it feels more spacious too.

Not a fan of both cars' exterior looks in stock form - both of them have rims that look too small for the car's body, and both need fog lamps.

With the Lancer though, I feel that it also needs the side skirts and revised bumper in addition to the GT-A rims in order to look good:

The Elantra on the other hand, looks fine as long as you get the 16" GLS rims, or even better, the 17" rims that other markets have:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    lancer for me. durable, mas madali imaintain. for the looks, it's up to you

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Fluid design = Feminine
    Linear design = Macho

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by randyps123 View Post
    looks elantra pero di rin naman malayo ang lancer
    reliability and aftersales service lancer
    overall id buy the lancer
    Reliability, can't tell. Maski Toyota sumasabit.

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    lancer for me. durable, mas madali imaintain. for the looks, it's up to you
    Is Mitsubishi really easier to maintain?

Just like jut, I'll pick the Elantra based on gut feel.

Hindi dahil marami kami Hyundai. Personally I don't like the Elantra.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Parang toyota rin ang mitsu when comes to maintenance and reliability e. But yes, i agree sumasabit din sila. Pero mas mababa IMO ang percentage

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I pick the Elantra because it has a better engine (Ward's top 10), 6-speed, more hp and is newer.

FC is still not confirmed for the 1.6 EX but it does have 2 airbags, gps-ready touchscreen and readily available aftermarket parts.

Both cars have ugly wheels, though. The tires probably aren't good either.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Reliability? Mitsubishi better than Hyundai? Really? Are we considering the fact that Hyundai builds gasoline engines for Mitsubishi?

Aftersales service, it's a mixed bag... There are both good and bad Hyundai dealers, same with Mitsubishi...

As Mitsubishi no longer has the same issues that plagued the previous Lancers, I'd rate them as equals in terms of reliability... Maybe Hyundai ahead on drivetrain, Mitsubish on suspension.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'd pick the elantra for this one. It's a newer platform, new engine, better 6speed transmission, and much better convenience features. The 1.6MX is not a bad car either though the Elantra for me is a notch better. The lancer looks too bare.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast