New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010

very impressed with the lap times of panamera, mustang, lotus and cls63.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was reading this issue during my morning stint at the john. hehehe. They also have a review of the new CR-V in this issue.

It's amazing how much variety there is in Lightning Lap.

Do they still do the One Lap of America? The spiritual successor to The Cannonball Run (which also became a movie)

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Was reading this issue during my morning stint at the john. hehehe. They also have a review of the new CR-V in this issue.

It's amazing how much variety there is in Lightning Lap.

Do they still do the One Lap of America? The spiritual successor to The Cannonball Run (which also became a movie)
    They probably still have it. Nice at how that run evolved from a loose, coast-to-coast race to an well organized run with track time inbetween.

Sadly, Car and Driver for me now isn't the same as when i used to buy it in the 1990s. I tried subscribing for a year and I was not as happy with the articles and features as i was before; i guess it's also because a lot of the old writers i liked were not around anymore.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or maybe we just got older? hahaha. The magazine was reformatted to look like it was high on drugs but they toned it down again after lots of angry letters.

But yeah, the guys that made the magazine great are either dead or retired. At least I still have the old issues.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Or maybe we just got older? hahaha. The magazine was reformatted to look like it was high on drugs but they toned it down again after lots of angry letters.

But yeah, the guys that made the magazine great are either dead or retired. At least I still have the old issues.
    Yeah, they're either dead or retired.

I also read my old issues from time to time, sadly i also lost quite a lot of which was accidentally sold off as scrap during hosue cleaning (i was buying Car and Driver, Road and Track and Motor Trend on a monthly basis for a good part of the 1990s).

2012 Car and Driver: lightning lap