New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    we already had a range rover sport, the x5m will replace the range rover sport. what made us sell our rr sport was the issues it has, it's ok for us to keep a high maintenance car as long as walang problema kaso yung rr sport dami kalampag and lumalangit-ngit ang brakes ilan beses na pinaayos pero bumabalik parin, kaya na asar na si erpat. he told me that if he's going to pay that much for maintenance and gas dapat walang problema yung kotse, so for him it wasn't worth keeping the rr sport anymore.

anyway our choices at first was the x5, q7, gl550, cayenne, but since i'm the one who will use it most of the time i decided to get some thing fun at the same time will fit our family and luggage. i wanted the grand cherokee srt8 at first, but when we went to test drive the x5, the dealer had an x5m fully loaded and they let us test drive that one also, and immediately when my dad drove it his face was priceless, like a baby that had it's first chocolate. kung ako lang ok na ko sa q7 or even the srt8 since it's the cheapest, but my dad told me that if i can suggest another suv that can put a smile on his face like the x5m did then he'll also consider that. all i can think of at that point is the cayenne gts and x6m but he doesn't like the x6m.
    The car that will come closest would probably be the Cayenne Turbo, but it's a lot more expensive. The GTS isn't turbo-charged, so the acceleration won't give him the same kick-in-the-pants as the X5M. A Cherokee SRT might be nearly as quick as the X5M, but I doubt the interior quality will impress your Dad.

Good luck!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yeah he wouldn't like the srt8's interior, right now we're really leaning on the x5m but we're also looking for other options. anyway thanks for the info, when it comes to cars you really know your thing.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    yeah he wouldn't like the srt8's interior, right now we're really leaning on the x5m but we're also looking for other options. anyway thanks for the info, when it comes to cars you really know your thing.
    Not really. I can't tell you anything about X5M reliability... all I can tell you is that if it has the same Dynamic Performance Control as the X6, then absolutely nothing else in the class will drive quite like it.

You'll want to surf US boards to find out if there are any niggles with the X5M... though with such a small number of owners, there won't be many issues out yet... but issues regarding the lower-spec X5s may give you an idea of what to expect.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    since you mention options, how about the less pricey fx50?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Bibili ka? For real? (no pun intended huh)

IMHO, Cayenne GTS nalang (or the Turbo Variant). Di ko trip yung looks ng X5 M.. Too :gayfight: for me.

JPG111: Ang ganda nyang bagong Cayenne. Kaso parang sablay yung grille?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Bibili ka? For real? (no pun intended huh)

IMHO, Cayenne GTS nalang (or the Turbo Variant). Di ko trip yung looks ng X5 M.. Too :gayfight: for me.

JPG111: Ang ganda nyang bagong Cayenne. Kaso parang sablay yung grille?
    Ganda talaga, astig yung rims with the yellow calipers bagay sa black
    di ko rin trip yung X5 M .. sabi ko nga kanya kanyang preferences

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Oo naman. Kanya kanya lang talaga. Kapag yun ang trip, then fine diba.

Pero kung ganun ang opinion ng iba, hayaan nalang natin. Kasi yun ang pananaw nila ukol sa bagay na iyon.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    mas gusto ko kasi yung looks ng x5 eh pati yung features nung x5m mas maganda. yung cayenne kasi nagagandahan lang ako pag black, pero pag yung ibang color niya para bang nababawasan yung ganda. anyway i wasn't able to test drive the cayenne gts pa naman, when i go back to the states i'll test drive both again and see the difference in performance. what i like the most on the cayenne gts is the exhaust note, ibang iba talaga tunog niya.

*MXFX: infiniti yung fx50 diba? if tama it's a bit small kasi size niya parang cx-9 lang.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mas gusto ko kasi yung looks ng x5 eh pati yung features nung x5m mas maganda. yung cayenne kasi nagagandahan lang ako pag black, pero pag yung ibang color niya para bang nababawasan yung ganda. anyway i wasn't able to test drive the cayenne gts pa naman, when i go back to the states i'll test drive both again and see the difference in performance. what i like the most on the cayenne gts is the exhaust note, ibang iba talaga tunog niya.

*MXFX: infiniti yung fx50 diba? if tama it's a bit small kasi size niya parang cx-9 lang.
    Of course it sounds good... it's a non-turbo V8.

Kung nakabili na sila... PICS!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    baka 1st week pa ng september makakuha, sa aug.22 pa kasi balik ko sa states. post ko agad pics kung ano kunin namin at pag nakuha na.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2011 X5 M or 2011 Cayenne GTS