New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Actually mas maganda pa nga stereo ng J kaysa E. Kasi sa J may AUX port maskin 1-din lang, 2-din nga sa E wala namang AUX...
    Yup, medyo mahirap basahin ang radio system ng E since ayon sa Top Gear "Radio may be washed out on sunlight".

Mas ok pa kung iupgrade sa touch screen monitor na dealer spec

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Go for the E and be happy!

If you plan on keeping it stock, mas ok na yung E dahil mas marami options. Kung imomodify mo naman, I'd go for the J since bare model sya, di ka manghihinayang alisin yung mags, etc...

HTH.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Actually mas maganda pa nga stereo ng J kaysa E. Kasi sa J may AUX port maskin 1-din lang, 2-din nga sa E wala namang AUX...
    Yun sa stereo ng E variant kung nagkataon nasira, paano pag baglas non?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just like any stereo. Don't let the large face panel fool you. ;)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sir AFAIK 2DIN pareho ang J at E. ang pagkakaiba lang, integrated yung sa E, unlike sa J na hindi integrated. BTW we've got a 1.3E. para sakin mas ok yun sa J kasi may aux in. pero kung bibilhan mo ng xcarlink yun integrated headunit ng E, mas okay pero the damage is nasa P4k. HTH

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Personally, I prefer aftermarket stereos over OEM integrated ones. OEM stereos usually have poor sound quality and can usually handle just a few types of media. If you are not very tight on money, I'd suggest you get the E. This way you are more satisfied and content with your car. But are you really already decided on the Vios? There are many other worthy choices out there.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thank you for your suggestions! Hoping to get a good discount on the Toyota Event. Leaning more on getting the E variant.

Sir GTi, I decided to go for the Vios since I just wanted a no fuss sub-compact sedan that fits my budget. The J is more within my budget but might stretch it some more to get the E. Initially wanted to get the Accent and was bent on getting it but got ultimately disheartened by the problems encountered and got convinced by everyone to get the Vios instead.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I see... Sayang, to think that the Accent is so immensely better than the Vios in any aspect. What kind of problems did you encounter, my I ask? I personally find the Vios to be quite bland kasi, I learned to drive in a Vios 1.3E, and I see droves of these everyday so I am rather bored with it. Hope you get the car you want!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Oh I'm sorry, I meant the problems encountered by people here in Tsikot and negative feedback from friends. Yun nga una kong naisip e, medyo bland. Pero had to think of what I really need and consider the opinion of my wife as well. In the end have decided to get the Vios. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ahh~ Yung sinasabing knocking issue. I thought that issue had died down already especially now that I see more and more new Accents on the road, most of them 1.4's. Hope you will be able to get your Vios soon then!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2011 Toyota Vios J or E?