New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Altis can hack it even with a full load and luggage. Just make use of the gears properly. 6-speed mt is a definite plus.

At that price range, the civic is out and it the altis 1.6e that fits. Try checking out also the Nissan Grand Livina.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The Altis can hack it even with a full load and luggage. Just make use of the gears properly. 6-speed mt is a definite plus.

At that price range, the civic is out and it the altis 1.6e that fits. Try checking out also the Nissan Grand Livina.

The Livina is also a good option. In fact, the 858,000php Elite had a promo where the price dropped to 777,000 though I'm not sure if the offer still holds. My only issue with the Elite is that (AFAIK) it doesn't come with ABS.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

The Livina is also a good option. In fact, the 858,000php Elite had a promo where the price dropped to 777,000 though I'm not sure if the offer still holds. My only issue with the Elite is that (AFAIK) it doesn't come with ABS.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Atlis for me, Dual VVT-i Engine and 6 Speed Euro Transmission

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    thankyou for all the replies guys now the performance won't bother me now. actually my friend has 1.6G but it is the pre facelifted. compared to my 1.3E vios facelifted, the ride comfort of the altis was superb. road noise was very minimal to nothing. one thing that annoys him that much was about the rattles he was experiencing. pero siguro tolerable naman yun rattle issues, what do you think?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeahp, the rattles is a known problem already but its very minimal. There's a DIY fix that can be found in the 10th Gen Altis thread, if ever it appears in your unit ( though I doubt it would ) just ask around and I'm sure in no time the rattles will be long gone.

Goodluck !

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    thanks for the help renzo! how about the oil sludge issue, is this a major problem on all altis units, or an isolated case?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The sludge problem is prevalent in the 1.6L ZZ model Altis (2001 and up). It usually occurs on poorly maintained units. Avoiding it is pretty simple : change your oil & oil filter regularly every 5000kms.

If I may add, better have your PMS done by a reputable CASA branch. TQA is quite notorious on giving poor after-sales/maintenance support on their customers.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; May 21st, 2011 at 05:41 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nangyayari kaya ang sludge problem sa mga Altis cab and police units? These are among the most poorly maintained Altis's on the face of the earth.

For the question of the TS in this thread, I'd suggest you get the Altis 1.6 6 speed M/T. If you're not a very fast driver naman, I believe the Altis should be enough for you since it already got a power increase to 122ps. And along with the 6 speed M/T, this should make for a very fuel efficient car and yet still with some measure of performance. This is if the Elantra 1.6DCVVT is too bare for you.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    what if we use fully synthetic oil that are supposed to be changed every 10K kms? or is it advisable to use mineral/semi synthetic oil because of the high risk on having oil sludge if the oil isn't changed til 10K? thanks renzo for answering my noobish questions! thanks for helping!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
[2011] Toyota Altis 1.6G M/T vs Honda Civic 1.8V M/T vs Any M/T on 800K-850K budget