New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    I'm confused right now kung vios 1.3 J MT or accent 1.4 MT.
    Budget lang po hanggang 600k.
    Ano po PROs and CONs of each unit.
    Specs ng bawat unit.

Naffold ba yung rear seat ng both units?
    any suggestions and comments needed.
    thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only reason not to get the Accent over the Vios is the soft rear suspension. Otherwise, it has more power, MUCH more space, better plastics, better looks and a huge trunk. And it's cheaper, spec for spec.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The only reason not to get the Accent over the Vios is the soft rear suspension. Otherwise, it has more power, MUCH more space, better plastics, better looks and a huge trunk. And it's cheaper, spec for spec.
    Puwede ba fold yung rear seats?
    Mags ba or steel wheel with cover lang sila?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I too have been going back and forth between these two cars whether to purchase the accent or vios

does the accent really have more room than the toyota vios kasi prang it looks like the other way around I also would appreciate a lot if someone could provide more comparison between the two

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    which one is more fuel efficient?!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Is what you mean by soft suspension softly sprung suspension? Or suspension made of weak, soft steel?

*TS: I too would suggest you get the Accent. Its engine can keep up with the 1.5L Vios, it looks much, much, much better, is a newer, more modern design as compared to the ageing Vios which has had the same engines and platform for eight years already, is more spacious than the (for me) cramped Vios, and is cheaper than the Vios.

Both do not have split/fold rear seats though the higher trim variants of the Accent have it so I am inclined to believe that you can request to have a folding one installed. And they both use steel rims with hubcaps. But I believe this problem should be very easy to take care of.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    how about maintenance? which is much cheaper to maintain in casa?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornseo View Post
    I too have been going back and forth between these two cars whether to purchase the accent or vios

does the accent really have more room than the toyota vios kasi prang it looks like the other way around I also would appreciate a lot if someone could provide more comparison between the two
    The Accent feels as big inside as the current Civic.

It's one of the few cars that can match or even exceed the Honda City for space. The Vios isn't even close... it's only as big inside in terms of legroom as the Fiesta and Mazda2 (though the scooped seatbacks of the Vios make it feel a bit roomier than the 2).

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Is what you mean by soft suspension softly sprung suspension? Or suspension made of weak, soft steel.
    Softly sprung. It does tend to bottom out over tall humps with a full load. If you're driving by yourself or just one companion, it's not a big deal.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    The Accent feels as big inside as the current Civic.

It's one of the few cars that can match or even exceed the Honda City for space. The Vios isn't even close... it's only as big inside in terms of legroom as the Fiesta and Mazda2 (though the scooped seatbacks of the Vios make it feel a bit roomier than the 2).

Softly sprung. It does tend to bottom out over tall humps with a full load. If you're driving by yourself or just one companion, it's not a big deal.

its a surprise that accent is more spacious it looks like vios is from the outside and I have done a test drive on both cars and it looked to me that vios had more space anyway might just be mistaken lol

I did notice the Softly sprung on the accent

one of my main concern when purchasing a car is fuel efficiency I travel a lot so this plays a big factor does anyone know which one is more fuel efficient?!

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    i'll take the accent on this one. marami akong nakikita sinasalpakang ng 16 or 17" wheels and it looks good talaga.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2011 Hyundai Accent or 2011 Toyota Vios?