New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi guys,

We're still in search for my wife's second car (for coding use). Would like to ask for your help which to choose between these two vehicles, CRV or ASX both 2.0 and 2011 model. What are the pros and cons of both vehicles.

Thanks in advance and more power!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The CRV is more practical as it offers a bigger space compared to the ASX. The ASX will be more fuel efficient as it has a lighter body with an engine with about the same engine power output and a CVT tranny.

No idea about Mitsu's maintenance costs but Honda is not that cheap if you go to dealerships for your maintenance needs.

It is best that you test drive each vehicle and check how it feels inside. Choose the best one that fits your needs.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ASX isn't more efficient. When I use my aunt's ASX I get around 6 km/L city driving. About the same as with a CRV under the same heavy traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    CR-V gets my vote. Much more spacious and suspension is biased towards comfort. Handling is good enough for the 2.0. It isn't that fast anyway. The engine is really smooth.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The ASX is more fun to drive, but it's no CX5.

The CRV is more practical overall, more refined, more spacious, more convenient. Fuel economy shouldn't be too different. Ever since they switched to the R20 from the old K20, the economy has improved a whole lot. A friend with the previous-gen 2.0 with the older 5AT got 8-10 km/l in city driving. (but that was pre-2015 traffic... dunno how it'd do in the hellhole we call EDSA nowadays).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    CR-V gets my vote. Much more spacious and suspension is biased towards comfort. Handling is good enough for the 2.0. It isn't that fast anyway. The engine is really smooth.

Crv for the resale value

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The ASX is more fun to drive, but it's no CX5.

The CRV is more practical overall, more refined, more spacious, more convenient. Fuel economy shouldn't be too different. Ever since they switched to the R20 from the old K20, the economy has improved a whole lot. A friend with the previous-gen 2.0 with the older 5AT got 8-10 km/l in city driving. (but that was pre-2015 traffic... dunno how it'd do in the hellhole we call EDSA nowadays).
    Yeah aside from the cabin the R20 engine feels really refined and runs smooth, like butter. I don't think 8-10 km/l is possible nowadays sadly. Even my old diesel Navara can only get under 7.x km/l in MM when I used to get 8.5 km/l. With the CR-V you can get good FC but you really have to pull your right foot up and go slowly. Is the ASX faster? With the 2.0 CR-V How Odd No D*** Acceleration kinda applies.

As for resale, the used ones I've checked do sell for a bit more than say X-trails. And finding ones in good condition are hard. On one trip to 4 lots in the Ortigas area I found 5 CR-V's for sale, all of them had figured in considerable accidents.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thank you so much for all your inputs. It looks like the CRV get our vote. One thing more, if I may, is the 2011 CRV still worth buying considering the look seems to be "old" already since it came out the market 2008. Compare to the ASX "fresher" look which makes as still hesitant to go for the CRV.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Yeah aside from the cabin the R20 engine feels really refined and runs smooth, like butter. I don't think 8-10 km/l is possible nowadays sadly. Even my old diesel Navara can only get under 7.x km/l in MM when I used to get 8.5 km/l. With the CR-V you can get good FC but you really have to pull your right foot up and go slowly. Is the ASX faster? With the 2.0 CR-V How Odd No D*** Acceleration kinda applies.

As for resale, the used ones I've checked do sell for a bit more than say X-trails. And finding ones in good condition are hard. On one trip to 4 lots in the Ortigas area I found 5 CR-V's for sale, all of them had figured in considerable accidents.
    Mine is: "Hold On Not Done Accelerating"

-

CRVs are awfully hard to find secondhand, and one must bear in mind that spares for this generation cost more than spares for older CRVs. But it's truly a more useful truck than an ASX. Unfortunately, that shows in the secondhand values. Antaas pa rin for the R20s.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    asx owner...

I bought the asx not to compare with CRV, because talo na siya in terms of size, practicality, even brand... I have always thought, mitsubishi's counterpart for the CRV is the outlander

I bought the asx because it was way cheaper than a CRV (back then, CRV was not bangkok sourced)... about 1.4M for the entry level... (subaru XV was also not available back then)

I bought the ASX in comparison to 2.0 compact cars... for the same price, you get more than a 2.0 Liter compact car... like added height... and not that common on the road.

Anyway, just my thoughts ;-)

I still have my ASX... very much content with it ;-) cheap to maintain, and still not that common on the road.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast