New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Nadrive ko narin ang 1.3E, sari sariling perception of mabagal siguro yun. Pero halata ko may daya yung Vios eh. Yung throttle niya electronic, kaya kunting apak lang ang taas na kaagad ng nirerev kaya nung una hindi ako nasanayan, at lagi umaabot ng 4000-5000rpm kapag nagta-take off. :rofl: Yun nga lang after that, nahalata ko it doesn't have much more to give, and there isn't much torque either which is a given being a 1.3
    Talaga? Based sa mga kaibigan at mga relative ko naka Vios yun din ang na experience nila even yun '05 Vios ng sister ko. Nung na drive ko sa expreesway, di ko malayan 120km/h na pala tinakbo ko. Still I understand your experience sa Vios kanya-kanya ang perception sa pag drive ng isang kotse. The verdict tipid sa gas.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by afb_ramos93 View Post
    My main concern with Hyundai really is that it's hyundai? Some of my friends tell me that Honda is still the better brand, tried and tested and hence the safer choice? tingin mo sir?
    YUP! 10 Years ago. Seriously.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    YUP! 10 Years ago. Seriously.
    10 Years ago: Hyundai was the "new kid in town" and Honda was the "crush ng bayan" type.

Now: Hyundai has coped-up with the global market up to the point of being one of the most progressive car brands globally while Honda maintained its status quo, to the point of being comparable to a vanilla ice-cream: popular but (fill in the blanks.) Don't get me wrong, we also have a Honda Civic on our garage.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Maganda nga sir ung GLS blue accent..loaded ng features. Interesting to note yung Blue Technology nya. I wonder how a 1.6 accent engine AT with blue technology compare to a 1.4 accent AT or a 1.3 City AT in terms of fuel efficiency? hindi nman ho kc ako masyadong particular sa speed.. for me fuel efficiency and maintenance cost are the main factors to consider.

Anyway, overall mukhang magiging mahirap pagpili ko nito sir.. My main concern with Hyundai really is that it's hyundai? Some of my friends tell me that Honda is still the better brand, tried and tested and hence the safer choice? tingin mo sir?
    Ang maganda po kasi sa Accent GLS Blue is the bang for the buck. For a price only a bit more than the mid variant City, you get a car that rivals the top of the line City in just about every aspect and trumps it in many others too. And I believe that a car with a bigger engine can still attain good gas mileage as long as you drive it right. Another advantage of Hyundai is the 5 year warranty, so you really have nothing to fret about in terms of quality.

Of course Honda still has its own loyal fanbase and its definitely true that they make some of the best performing and technologically advanced cars in the market. But its been a while since they've introduced something revolutionary and they're getting stale. Also, they are very confident of their products. Too much so that they price them ridiculously high and charge a lot for maintenance. And this disenchants many buyers, especially since the other brands have caught up. Their stubbornness and aloof attitude is costing them a lot in terms of potential sales.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Talaga? Based sa mga kaibigan at mga relative ko naka Vios yun din ang na experience nila even yun '05 Vios ng sister ko. Nung na drive ko sa expreesway, di ko malayan 120km/h na pala tinakbo ko. Still I understand your experience sa Vios kanya-kanya ang perception sa pag drive ng isang kotse. The verdict tipid sa gas.
    Nagets kita. Peppy nga siya especially kung nasa city driving lang naman. But one thing which is very noticeable is the lack of torque, like you said. Medyo hirap sa akyatan.

Ako kasi I learned to drive in a diesel Revo and its the only manual car that we have in the house. So nung nadrive ko yung M/T Vios 1.3E, medyo malalim ang apak ko and VROOM! Talon sa 5000rpm! But no power surge though even nung pumalo sa 5000rpm.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ang maganda po kasi sa Accent GLS Blue is the bang for the buck. For a price only a bit more than the mid variant City, you get a car that rivals the top of the line City in just about every aspect and trumps it in many others too. And I believe that a car with a bigger engine can still attain good gas mileage as long as you drive it right. Another advantage of Hyundai is the 5 year warranty, so you really have nothing to fret about in terms of quality.

Of course Honda still has its own loyal fanbase and its definitely true that they make some of the best performing and technologically advanced cars in the market. But its been a while since they've introduced something revolutionary and they're getting stale. Also, they are very confident of their products. Too much so that they price them ridiculously high and charge a lot for maintenance. And this disenchants many buyers, especially since the other brands have caught up. Their stubbornness and aloof attitude is costing them a lot in terms of potential sales.

Alright. Kawawa naman ung Vios, nakalimutan na. haha. Anyway, so overall sir.. everything else considered.. City 1.3 or Accent 1.6 GLS? How about City 1.3 or Accent 1.4 GL?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Opinion ko lang po sir. The vios should only be considered if you really have a tight budget. The base model vios 1.3 j is really a very practical choice. However, since you are looking into the E variant of the vios, the city or the accent would definitely be the better choice. I agree that hyundai has improved a lot recently. They have better designs and offer better specs. Honda naman has been the benchmark for quality and performance traditionally. Whether hyundai has caught up or exceed honda's quality in their current lineup is hard to tell because it would take time to know this. For now, what we can compare would be a more than 5 years old hyundai car and a more than 5 years old honda. In this comparison, I could safely say that honda has still an advantage in terms of durability. Try to look around (from friends or family) and test drive their 5 year old cars sir and you would know what I mean. Sa specs naman and looks, accent is the clear winner.
    The only problem with the accent blue 1.6 is that the price is already near elantra's price which is a much bigger car and the best car in its category in my opinion. Might as well go with elantra if you can stretch you budget.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Alright. Kawawa naman ung Vios, nakalimutan na. haha. Anyway, so overall sir.. everything else considered.. City 1.3 or Accent 1.6 GLS? How about City 1.3 or Accent 1.4 GL?
    Personally, I would not want the whole metropolis and countryside dotted with cars the same as mine. Which is exactly the case with the Vios. Most cabs be it airport or regular cabs are Vios's. Same is true with the police vehicles. So the car has no individuality anymore, no matter what you do with it. Although the good part about this is that this car is guaranteed to be reliable and low-maintenance.

I'd definitely get the GLS Accent over the City 1.3S. Nasa engine palang talo na eh, tapos features pa. As for City 1.3S versus Accent 1.4GL... Nasa sayo na yan. AFAIK mas marami ng konti ang features ng City 1.3S pero mas sulit ang Accent due to the almost 100k price difference. Ilang buwang pang gas at maintenance mo na yan diba? Tapos mas malakas pa ang makina ng Accent.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    If you're considering bout the Accent 1.6 GLS, mas mahaba pa ang hihintayin mo, 3 months pa palugid. As in the case of the 1.4, well, Hyundai MUST consider putting up an assembly plant here.

Personally, I would not want the whole metropolis and countryside dotted with cars the same as mine. Which is exactly the case with the Vios. Most cabs be it airport or regular cabs are Vios's. Same is true with the police vehicles. So the car has no individuality anymore, no matter what you do with it. Although the good part about this is that this car is guaranteed to be reliable and low-maintenance.
    Sir, ganun rin ang Honda City, ang dami parang taxi however, there are company cars na City. I'm not that much of a picky type at, oh well....

I rest my case.,

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    If you're considering bout the Accent 1.6 GLS, mas mahaba pa ang hihintayin mo, 3 months pa palugid. As in the case of the 1.4, well, Hyundai MUST consider putting up an assembly plant here.

Sir, ganun rin ang Honda City, ang dami parang taxi however, there are company cars na City. I'm not that much of a picky type at, oh well....

I rest my case.,
    Napakatagal nyang waiting list na yan ah. And I don't see many Accent GLS's on the road. Baka kapag 1.4GL mas maiintindihan pa. The City is a great car sana, yun nga lang napakamahal! Kung hindi dahil ang dami dami na ang mga City sa daan, maganda rin talaga ang design niya so I don't mind that much. Di ko talaga rin kasi type ang design ng Vios eh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2011 Honda City 1.3 S A/T vs. 2011 Toyota Vios 1.3 E A/T