New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Main considerations are:

1) Space - I have a 2 year old daughter plus my wife. Minsan my mom and sister rides with us for weekend malling.
    2) Fuel Consumption - mostly gagamitin pamasok from Bacoor, Cavite to Ayala, Makati
    3) After sales customer service
    4) Resale value

Help! TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I suggest you test drive all three. But I'll share my opinion on your top 3 options by Rank:

Top pick HONDA JAZZ - if you want space, versatility matched with good looks and good Fuel Economy, Nothing beats the Jazz. It can seat 5 comfortably and should you need to haul in balikbayan boxes, bikes or whatever, just flip the seats. The only drawbacks to the Jazz are the high price (800K i think) and the availability. I heard there's a long line for the 2011 Jazz so be prepared to wait for atleast a month. Resale Value is pretty good also.

Runner-up: Honda City - is always a solid choice, it's comfy, decent Fuel Economy and resale value is usually high. But I feel if you add a couple more thousands, you can get the Jazz which offers more.

Last place will be Hyundai Accent - is still a solid car, especially the newly launched Accent. Whats great is the value for money. It's affordable compared to the Honda siblings. space is enough for your everyday trips and fuel economy is also good. Though the resale value might be a bit lower than the hondas.

Best thing to do is test drive all! =D good luck!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    double post. argh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stolen*soul View Post
    Main considerations are:

1) Space - I have a 2 year old daughter plus my wife. Minsan my mom and sister rides with us for weekend malling.
    2) Fuel Consumption - mostly gagamitin pamasok from Bacoor, Cavite to Ayala, Makati
    3) After sales customer service
    4) Resale value

Help! TIA.
    The Jazz is a good pick, it's spacious & versatile.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Honda Jazz..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi,
    I personally like the Jazz. Looks wise and all around versatility. I heard you can fit 2 bikes in the Jazz with all the seats adjusted. I also have a lot of faith in Honda quality. I also saw on another site that the Jazz (may have been a 1.5) did really well on one of those fuel econo runs. As aanother poster said that there may be a wait to get your hands on one but to me what's a months wait in the grand scheme of things. I don't know how honda after sales service is but I guess it differs from branch to branch not really brand to brand... Resale vaule I think the Jazz would have the highest. It's the most in demand brand new despite its higher price point so I assume it will be in demand 2nd hand as well. Good luck and enjoy test driving!

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Honda Jazz would be a better choice here.

Happy Shopping!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Salamat ulit sa mga inputs, I will definitely test drive all of them. Right now I'm leaning towards the Jazz for more versatility. Need to save more though

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Yup Honda jazz pa rin! Gusto ko na nga swap old civic ko for a brand new jazz e. Pero i can't understand why girls stil prefer the Honda city over the jazz. My ate kasi just bought a brand new city (1.5) just a week ago. Kahit anong pilit ko sa kanya na jazz na lang ayaw nya talaga itsura nung jazz kasi punggok daw tsaka baka liparin Lang daw pag natabihan ng malalaking sasakyan sa expressway. Comment ko lang sa city is mababa yung pangilalim kaya lagi sumasayad sa mga parking, mejo masikip din para sa akin yung city compare sa jazz. Accent din ang First choice ng ate ko, kaso sa mga nababasa ko dito sa forum may problem daw engine ng accent, kumakatok daw kahit brand new (search mo na Lang sa mga forum dito).. Kaya ayun she ended up with the habanero red 1.5 city, la pa plaka kaya di pa magamit, takaw huli kasi

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    guys,

if ever kasi plan ko bumili around september. if jazz ang bibilin ko, dapat ba hintayin ko na lang ang next year para 2012 model na? how about city? hintay na lang rin ba ako ng 2012?

Or wala namang significant changes ang city at jazz from 2011 model to 2012 model?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2011 City 1.3S AT or 2011 Jazz 1.3S AT or Hyundai Accent 1.4 AT