New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Both are diesel and have an upgrade.

Montero will have 2 din stereo system and improved engine when it comes out 2nd week of Feb 2011. Thats what the dealer told me.

Sta Fe - already have 2 din w/ GPS. Very good reviews. Some says the steering is very soft which could be annoying.

Other says they have both very good suspension.

Tried the Fortuner and its really matigas and matagtag. I also dont like the seats. It very narrow for me. Tigas din ng upuan. backside seating is also very uncomfortable. Pang porma lang talaga Fortuner.

I am currently using Xtrail for 5 years now. Ride is very comfortable. The seats are wide and is very comfortable even at the back. Nakakatulog agad pasahero ko in long travels.

Already Checked the Santa Fe and it really feels good inside. Montero feels very tight inside. The xtrail is bigger inside. But havent check it thoroughly yet.

Need your input guys, I will be buying on Feb 15,2011.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Santa Fe na syempre. Even if both have an upgrade, the MS is always one step behind the SF. The upgrade consists of VGT and a new 5 speed A/T, and that is found in the previous generation SF. And then, the current generation MS uses CRDi with ordinary wastegate turbo and 4 speed A/T which is found in the 1st generation SF. But then again, if your route consists of very bad terrain, hauling lots of stuff or crossing jungles and rivers, then you're better off with the MS.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hyundai Santa Fe, I am not being biased... Its just technically superior in almost any form of comparison you want to make... Global car with global class technology...

I assume wala naman heavy off roading...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hands down Sante Fe is superior in almost every way except off-roading capabilities

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    if your primary use is for city driving and provincial trip in a well paved road then go for sta fe. If you are more of an adventurous guy rather rhan a nocturnal city dweller then go for the monty. We all know phil roads even in some part of the city are bad most of the time. A suv that you know can take you anywhere in any road condition is the best choice. Dont limit youre travel option for some small confort that will go unnoticed when the good road ends. Dont worry which suv has more power at the end of the day power is useless if the suv built cant handle the road condition.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Santa Fe is the better choice.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Santa Fe na syempre. Even if both have an upgrade, the MS is always one step behind the SF. The upgrade consists of VGT and a new 5 speed A/T, and that is found in the previous generation SF. And then, the current generation MS uses CRDi with ordinary wastegate turbo and 4 speed A/T which is found in the 1st generation SF. But then again, if your route consists of very bad terrain, hauling lots of stuff or crossing jungles and rivers, then you're better off with the MS.
    this is the only reason i'll buy an MS over a sta fe.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Hyundai Santa Fe, I am not being biased... Its just technically superior in almost any form of comparison you want to make... Global car with global class technology...

I assume wala naman heavy off roading...
    i agree with this. no offense to MS owners but it is the truth.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    when will the new santa fe come out? i am also thinking of recommending santa fe to my lady friend pero ang fear ko lang eh baka lumabas at the end of the year or early next year yung bagong santa fe, nakakapanghinayang naman...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    2012 or 2013 pa..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    TS, if you go from your X-Trail to an MS you'd instantly feel the rougher ride. On the other hand, if you go from your X-Trail to the SF then the ride will be smoother. That alone is enough for some people to stay away from truck-based SUVs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2011 2.2 Sante Fe or 2.5 Montero ?