New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Im surprised not even considering Hyundai's Tucson? Even more surprised coz you considered a Kia over Hyundai.. Kidding aside

I'd immediately take RAV4 out of the list as it is very expensive, though its a Japan CBU and would rather buy a 7-seater SUV for the price.

Subaru is nice choice since its considered a luxury brand in our country, and i think justifies its premium on its price of its cars. Problem is there is only one dealer/aftersales service.

Honda CR-V is default choice for many. You can never go wrong with it, Honda still maintains a good over-all image.

But seriously Hyundai Tucson > Kia Sportage at any given day. Hyundai has more dealerships, Tucson is still cheaper than Sportage. Im not sure of the Sportage 2wd, but Tucson 2wd CRDi has standard ABS EBD and driverside airbag

If you value practicality: Hyundai Tucson/Kia Sportage > Honda CR-V: 5-year warranty, CRDi, cheaper by 100K+, (except if youre really keen on NOT getting diesel engine, then scrap Hyundai and Kia)

If you value prestige: Subaru Forester > Toyota RAV4 > Honda CR-V: FXT ahead by a mile

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    looks like more help is on the way...

Motor Image will be opening new dealerships not only in Metro Manila, but also in other regions in the country. This year, it is looking to open new Subaru dealers in south of Manila and Cebu City to complement its lone dealer in San Juan. Despite having only one dealership, Subaru has managed to attract customers from different parts of the country including Ilocos, Cebu, Iloilo and Davao to name a few. This reflects the growing popularity of Subaru and its trademark symmetrical all wheel drive technology which is perfectly suited for the country's various terrains and weather conditions.
    Motor Image will also continue to strengthen its after-sales support operations by increasing its inventory of genuine Subaru parts and accessories. With a regional support network from Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan, Subaru owners are guaranteed a continuous and on-time availability of parts and accessories ensuring an enjoyable and worry-free ownership experience. The service technicians of Motor Image are likewise given regular trainings in the Subaru Academy in Singapore and its headquarters in Japan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks guys on your reply..It really helps me a lot deciding for my fathers car..our option was trim down between 4x4 sportage and 2.0 subaru AWD. But cant decide yet, my father is in the province, final decision is with him. hell finally decide when he got here in manila on the 20th..again guys thanks.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mukang you chose the 2 best in this list. Congrats, pareho walang talo each has its advantages over the others the only way is to find out which advantages is more important to you.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Need big discount, badly:Kia Sportage CRDi 4x4 = P1,365,000
    Subaru Forester XT AWD = P1,718,000
    Honda CRV 4x4 = P1,475,000; P1,490,000 (Pearl White)
    Toyota RAV4 4x4 = P1,825,000 ; P1,840,000 (Pearl White)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're looking for refined rides... not interested in the Outlander, X-Trail or Escape? Well... yeah... the Escape's facelift is so-so, but the engine is decent and the ride is pretty good. The Outlander is very nice to drive, and comes with a great V6. The X-Trail is a good car, despite being old and under-appreciated.

I'd pick the Subaru XT over the 4x4 CR-V... but I have doubts about the ability of the 2.0 to carry the Subie's weight (the 4x2 CR-V, on the other hand, has sufficient power and a five-speed automatic).

The Sportage is a good value, but nowhere near as refined as the Forester or CR-V... the RAV4 is nice... possibly the best-in-class along with the Forester... but is waaay expensive.

The CR-V AWD... we just got one last year. Pretty awesome deal... terrific power... actually not any slower than the V6 competition except at high speeds... though not as quick as the Forester XT... great economy for a 2.4 (it only goes down to 5.5 km/l in heavy traffic... most of the time, we get between 8 - 12 km/l)... and very convenient servicing costs (PMS only every 10,000 kilometers). The AWD has better seats than the 2.0, and the ride is much better than the old CR-V... though still kind of firm.

Great car for long road trips... does 160 km/h at just a few ticks over 3000 rpm.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Forester for me, its a reliable offroader, rally breed, very quick and good handling.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Ditto on the 2.0 Forester. Kia's are mostly overpriced. (It's my bias against Kiaphil's ridiculous pricing strategy talking here.) Get the Tucson if you want diesel.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go for the Forester.. it has the Subaru name which is known for the best Japanese AWD autos.. it's assembled in Japan.. it's competitively priced.. it definitely wins over the Sportage.. pero expect after sales to be pricey..
    i would still prefer the cr-v for its car-like handling and ride, the very spacious legroom for both front and rear passengers and its high resale value..
    rav4 is very expensive.. don't bother on that..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks guys on your replies...My dad has finally decided to get the subaru 2.0x..any suggestion for the color? ano maganda? TIA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2010KIA Sportage vs 2009 Rav4 vs 2009 Subaru forester vs 2009 Honda CRV