New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Help! Need your tought guys.

A Tito of mine recently is looking at both to replace his ageing Honda CR-V circa 1999. Manual diesel 7 seater (5 adults in the family 1 kid). 500-550k budget.

Looks aside of course, (he says the Alterra looks fine to him) between the two it is actually tough to recommend one. I have no first hand experience with the alterra little with the innova. The alterra is ladder frame but I hear the flex suspension is actually nice for a leaf spring set up. Isuzu fuel consumption is also a plus and also a bit more power. Toyota probably has an edge with interior space packaging and maybe even better fuel mileage than the alterra. So ayun both solid vehicles.

I'm tempted to say jist go for the best conditioned vehicle available at the right price?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would go for the innova.

palit ng tint. upgrade nvh.

repair ng suspension would be easier. cheaper smaller tires. change fluids etc.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    alterra is a big car.
    if he has parking space issues...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Alterra is heavier to drive than the innova. Coming from the CRV, your "tito" will feel the difference, for sure. But Alterra has better interior space and probably also better fuel mileage, so that's a plus.

Like Dr. D pointed out, if garage space is also a consideration, don't get the Alterra. My neighbor always parks his Alterra outside because of its size. Hard and too lazy to maneuver it into his cramped garage -- and his wife does not even dare to drive it in the crowded city. Will "tita" be driving it too? Then get the Innova. Just my thoughts.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I was in the same dilema before, looking for a bigger vehicle to replace my Avanza and to cater my family with four growing big kids. I was initially eyeing the Innova and has actually tested several units, but came this Alterra. Pag test drive pa lang namin hindi na pinakawalan ni Misis, yun na lang daw. Now we have the Alterra.

Here are the Pros of Alterra:
    1. Di hamak na mas maluwag sa Innova. Even the 3rd row maluwag, at ang space sa likod malaki din
    2. Napaka swabe ng suspension as compared sa Innova. Kahit leaf spring yung likod, maganda talbog, hindi gaya ng Innova matagtag
    3. Maganda din road noise insulation as compared sa innova
    4. Malakas humatak
    5. Very composed sa high speed. Very relaxed din yung engine kahit 120 kph na
    6. Solid na solid ang kaha at suspension
    7. Magaan dalhin kahit malaki
    8. Mas may road presence as compared sa Innova
    9. Mas confident ako sa Alterra pag sa baha at mga lubak
    Cons of the Alterra:
    1. Mas maingay konti makina nya compared sa Innova, pag nasa labas ka, pero kung naka sakay ka na sa loob, ok lang. Maganda din kasi insulation
    2. Mas mahal ang gulong!
    3. Mas mahirap sa singitan compared sa Innova kasi malapad sya
    4. Yung turning radius nya medyo malaki as compared sa Innova, mas mahaba kasi (bigger and longer wheelbase)
    5. Mas mahirap linisin compared sa innova, mas malaki kasi. Hindi kasi ako madalas mag pa carwash, sanay ako sa DIY
    6. Though wala pa akong pinapa ayos na pang ilalim, tingin ko mas mahal din konti sa Innova, kasi mas malalaki piyesa nya

Given the Pros and Cons above, I believe I made the wise decision. Mas eksakto sa needs ng family ko. Buti na lang nakinig ako kay Misis!

I suggest you let your Tito to test drive both, and let him decide which suits his needs and priorities.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sabihin ko sana innova, kaso ng mabasa ko post sa taas ni JVNJ narealize ko depende talaga sa pangangailangan. Innova is good if it will be used by one or two most of the time with the once in a while buong pamilya lakad. Pero kung madalas nga madami sakay baka mas maayos Alterra. Di ko lang talaga type itsura niya.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sabihin ko sana innova, kaso ng mabasa ko post sa taas ni JVNJ narealize ko depende talaga sa pangangailangan. Innova is good if it will be used by one or two most of the time with the once in a while buong pamilya lakad. Pero kung madalas nga madami sakay baka mas maayos Alterra. Di ko lang talaga type itsura niya.
    Chief Oliver, like I said, final decision ni Misis. Happy wife, Happy life! Seriously, no regrets!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    innova has better 2nd and 3rd row imo. its not as spacious but seating comfort mas ok. also the innova would probably have a lighter steering compared to that of the altera.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    innova has better 2nd and 3rd row imo. its not as spacious but seating comfort mas ok. also the innova would probably have a lighter steering compared to that of the altera.
    Definitely not.

Masikip 3rd row ng Innova. Di mo na ma-unat paa mo.
    And the space after the 3rd Row, di hamak mas malaki pa rin si Alterra.

The longer wheel base speaks for itself.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    I was in the same dilema before, looking for a bigger vehicle to replace my Avanza and to cater my family with four growing big kids. I was initially eyeing the Innova and has actually tested several units, but came this Alterra. Pag test drive pa lang namin hindi na pinakawalan ni Misis, yun na lang daw. Now we have the Alterra.

Here are the Pros of Alterra:
    1. Di hamak na mas maluwag sa Innova. Even the 3rd row maluwag, at ang space sa likod malaki din
    2. Napaka swabe ng suspension as compared sa Innova. Kahit leaf spring yung likod, maganda talbog, hindi gaya ng Innova matagtag
    3. Maganda din road noise insulation as compared sa innova
    4. Malakas humatak
    5. Very composed sa high speed. Very relaxed din yung engine kahit 120 kph na
    6. Solid na solid ang kaha at suspension
    7. Magaan dalhin kahit malaki
    8. Mas may road presence as compared sa Innova
    9. Mas confident ako sa Alterra pag sa baha at mga lubak
    Cons of the Alterra:
    1. Mas maingay konti makina nya compared sa Innova, pag nasa labas ka, pero kung naka sakay ka na sa loob, ok lang. Maganda din kasi insulation
    2. Mas mahal ang gulong!
    3. Mas mahirap sa singitan compared sa Innova kasi malapad sya
    4. Yung turning radius nya medyo malaki as compared sa Innova, mas mahaba kasi (bigger and longer wheelbase)
    5. Mas mahirap linisin compared sa innova, mas malaki kasi. Hindi kasi ako madalas mag pa carwash, sanay ako sa DIY
    6. Though wala pa akong pinapa ayos na pang ilalim, tingin ko mas mahal din konti sa Innova, kasi mas malalaki piyesa nya

Given the Pros and Cons above, I believe I made the wise decision. Mas eksakto sa needs ng family ko. Buti na lang nakinig ako kay Misis!

I suggest you let your Tito to test drive both, and let him decide which suits his needs and priorities.
    Hmmm. Iba tayo experience. Nasikipan ako sa alterra and natagtagan. Power is okay lang.

I bought an innova instead. Fit my requirement. Maluwag, hindi matagtag and power is very good.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast