New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    quadruple post ftw.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; June 2nd, 2010 at 05:18 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hay nako. ano ba yan. ! triple post !
    Last edited by renzo_d10; June 2nd, 2010 at 05:17 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    2nd post from a quadruple ^&#*%*( post.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; June 2nd, 2010 at 05:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well, duh. If you utter the " benz " or " bmw " word definitely you would get the " wow yaman " effect from the people who really doesn't know cars even if they haven't seen it yet.

The GT-R is a sports car, people who buys it doesn't really care about it's comfort. All they care about is it's acceleration, speed etc. Also, features such as moon roof, trunk release option should be out of their list. They're not into the luxury feel anyways. It's a sports car not a luxury executive car. If they want comfort & luxury the benzes as you say is always available.

When you floor the gas pedal of the GT-R for sure you will get the look and the wow factor from the others too.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    konting mods lang or just launch it with the esp off they'll void your warranty. unlike the other 3 cars, lalo na benz basta amg ang car mo they'll treat you like a v.i.p. pag nag pa service ka pa nga ng car mo they'll loan you another mercedes of your choice basta available and just not the amg, nung minsan pa nga pinahiram nila sa brother ko brand new na c350.
    BMW would void your warranty if you perform more than 15 launches on the M3 SMG with launch control. The Ferrari F430? You can break it with just several full-bore launches with launch control activated (If I recall right, warranty only covers three... ).

Now, take this... the GT-R (which no longer has launch control) can still hit mid-11-second quarter miles... all day long... and you can do them without voiding your warranty. The highest record on NAGTROC is over 100 launches... and that's modified for more power, with the stock transmission and tranny juice.

-

Unless you buy mods straight from AMG or M, and have them installed at the dealership, any mods to your Bimmer or Mercedes will void your warranty.

And I wonder what BMW owners would have to say about the royal treatment when they have to pay a mint just to have an engine stencil

not just the service there's only a slight difference on performance on those 4 cars,
    Uh... slight?!?

The GT-R does the quarter-mile over a second quicker than any of these cars and has nearly 100 hp more (and monster-loads more torque... which is why it's quicker in a straight line)... and that's not its biggest advantage... its biggest advantage is on the racetrack...

but atleast the other 3 has a much much better interior, exterior looks and features than the gtr. that's why i don't think the gtr is worth $75,000.
    Horses for courses. No way does a Lotus Elise have as nice an interior as a Mercedes Benz E-Class, but which is a better sports car, again? These cars aren't even in the same market segment!

oh and i'm not arguing with anyone, just venting out my opinion. all 4 of the cars mentioned are great cars no matter what you choose.
    So why isn't a GT-R worth the money when it's as quick or quicker than sports cars that are twice the price? It's not a great luxury car, that's a given... but for what it's built to do... to drive fast... really fast... it does its job pretty well...

What it isn't built to do is survive idiot drivers... the guys who break Evo driveshafts, Subaru gearboxes, drop Mazdaspeed3 engines off the mounts, shred RSX gearboxes...
    Last edited by niky; June 2nd, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    +1 to the Sentra 200 and the Hyundai i30.

On the side-topic, I do believe that the GTR and the C63/M3/IS-F are different segments and are not directly comparable. Agree with Renzo that people who buy the GTR, pay for it's performance, and not for its luxury. You're getting Porsche Turbo performance (which beats some Ferraris by the way) for almost half its price when you buy this baby.

While you are getting a luxury car (and service) fitted with a beast of a machine when you buy the C63/M3/IS-F. Performance is there, but not Porsche Turbo / Ferrari performance... and I know most sports car drivers doesn't like having cars that doesn't sound or ride like one (too little engine roar and too much comfort).

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What it isn't built to do is survive idiot drivers... the guys who break Evo driveshafts, Subaru gearboxes, drop Mazdaspeed3 engines off the mounts, shred RSX gearboxes...
    ...and Richard Gutierrez.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    There is a reason why the GTR is called GODZILLA 75,000 USD for a supercar? sulet considering handbuilt ang GTR(engine ATA) BTW heres a video Lexus LF-A vs GTR(non spec v ata)
    http://www.7tune.com/lexus-lfa-versus-nissan-gt-r/

75,000 dollar car vs 400,000 dollar car

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I would definitely choose the Nissan GT-R over C63 & M3. No explanations needed. Bargain supercar.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    You don't need people to look at your car if you're fast. GT-R *$75,000 isn't overpriced...what's overpriced is the Corvette ZR-1 *$106,000, considering it's got a prehistoric OHV motor.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
2010 Most Overpriced Cars