The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I agree too KIA is overpriced and some hyundai cars

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Locally, practically all cars are overpriced, comparing it to US prices.
    Or the other way around. Americans are having it too cheap while the rest of the world are paying "normal" the prices hehe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    why? you think the gtr is a better car than the 3 i mentioned?
    Yes it is. Lets see GT-R has a V6 supercharged engine capable of delivering 485HP and 580NM of torque. But its not all in the numbers... A properly tuned GT-R are Ferrari/Lamborghini eaters and can shame even cars 5X its price...

Bottomline the GT-R is Japan's #1 supercar.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Blame it on the taxman IMO.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup, blame taxes. That's all there is to it, really.

That Forbes list is pretty stupid. Most of their "overpriced" list consists of base models that are available to fleet buyers. Obviously, a fleet buyer can get it for much lower... since they're buying dozens or hundreds at once... so the retail price versus the contract price gets kind of screwed up.

i'll add the nissan gtr, for the price i'd rather get an m3 or a c63 or is-f which is 10x better than a gtr.
    As tidus has noted, the GT-R is a supercar. It's an AWD supercar that's as quick around a racetrack or down a dragstrip as a 15 million peso Porsche 911 Turbo or an even more ridiculously expensive Ferrari 599... and that's bone-stock. The R8? Not even close, not even in the more expensive V10 trim.

The M3 and C63 (and yes, I'd rather have one of those, because they're ***y) are just nowhere near the GT-R in terms of performance. And while the M3 and C63 are ***ier, there's no way in hell I'd call them 10x better than the GT-R at anything... not running costs, not economy, not performance, not luxury... nothing but looks and sounds make them desirable compared to the GT-R.

(And the GT-R only lacks the ***y sounds because it's a turbocharged (not supercharged) V6, whereas the M3 and C63 have big honking V8s).

The IS-F? That doesn't even have the benefit of good looks...
    Last edited by niky; June 2nd, 2010 at 01:10 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    grabe. triple post.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; June 2nd, 2010 at 02:31 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    haay. triple post.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; June 2nd, 2010 at 02:32 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Pero marami pa ring kumakagat Tidus.....lalo na yung 2010 Kia Sorento.
    Siguro chua marami naeenganyo sa pre-selling ng Kia Sorento, medyo catchy din kasi at yung itsura ng Sorento panalo talaga.

why? you think the gtr is a better car than the 3 i mentioned?
    Yes.

-

I agree with the others, Kia's prices are overpriced. If you got nothing to trade with the car you're buying with lugi ka ... as in.

Sa Hyundai naman only few vehicles can be categorized as " overpriced " -, well for me. Yun eh ang Hyundai i30 at ang Hyundai Accent. And yes, even though the Accent is a diesel siguro if they can lower the price down to ~650k much acceptable pa. Wala naman kasi halos features yung accent eh.

Yung Honda, yup overpriced na sila. Civic V pa lang taas na ng presyo.

Hay nako, I guess we should have to live with it especially sa mga may ayaw ng Toyota.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Accent is expensive because the engine is expensive. How many other diesel compacts do you see out there?

Even Ford, which has a local operating plant and is thus less subject to tax, has to decontent the Focus TDCi just to get it to the same price as the competition.

If Toyota or Honda were to bring in diesel Vioses or Cities here, they would cost at least 150,000 pesos more than the Accent.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yes.

seryoso? the only advantage of the gtr between those 3 is the gtr is slightly faster. pero features and luxury walang sinabi ang gtr and ride comfort, plus the service of mercedez and bmw are the best compared to nissan i know because i've driven all 4. also only car enthusiast are the ones who knows what a gtr and that's only about 20% of people who owns cars and wants to own one.

also plus pogi points pa yung c63, m3 and is-f compared to the gtr.
    to other people who's not a car enthusiast will have no idea what a gtr is. pero if you tell them you drive the other 3 cars i mentioned kahit di sila car enthusiast they'll know that your car is special.

not bashing on the gtr it's a great car and props to nissan for defying gravity. but i just don't think it's worth $75,000 and their service sucks, konting mods lang or just launch it with the esp off they'll void your warranty. unlike the other 3 cars, lalo na benz basta amg ang car mo they'll treat you like a v.i.p. pag nag pa service ka pa nga ng car mo they'll loan you another mercedes of your choice basta available and just not the amg, nung minsan pa nga pinahiram nila sa brother ko brand new na c350. not just the service there's only a slight difference on performance on those 4 cars, but atleast the other 3 has a much much better interior, exterior looks and features than the gtr. that's why i don't think the gtr is worth $75,000.

oh and i'm not arguing with anyone, just venting out my opinion. all 4 of the cars mentioned are great cars no matter what you choose.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
2010 Most Overpriced Cars