New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Actually, Toyota is taking actions as of now ( I think? ) Pero ... still, I`d avoid it first. Lalo na yan .. 2.5D4D, eh yan pa naman yung laging naatake.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why not the new fortuner 2.5? ka-presyo na ng montero 4x2.
    MS 2.5 has more hp, more torque + intercooler and has a better ride compare to fort 2.5....

I think mas sulit ang MS 2.5 kesa sa fortuner 2.5..

ok back to MS and tucson ulit....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Diesel fortuner ? Heh. Goodluck. :hysterical:

Have you heard on the still occurring D4D issues ?
    yes, i have HEARD about it. but i haven't seen even a shadow of its legend, in any of the 3 D4Ds we have had for at least 5 years now.
    i guess we've been very lucky..
    unsolicited word of advice on buying cars: don't be fooled by the spec sheets. they're designed to maximize the vehicle's amour to the unsuspecting public. asking the users may be more rewarding. and as to better ride, ask the rear passengers, too. you might be surprised.
    good luck, buyers.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Are you open in considering other choices as well ?

The Honda CRV and the Mazda CX-7 can be also included.

hi renzo, thanks for the reply. unfortunately i dont have any budget for crv and cx-7

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    why not the new fortuner 2.5? ka-presyo na ng montero 4x2.
    and isn't tucson too small on the inside?
    diesel versus gas? the difference in the cost of fuels, will probably cover the "extra maintenance costs" of the diesel.
    if it were me, i'd opt for the fortuner 2.5 . but hey! if you really look at the passenger space figures, the innova is just as big as the fortuner on the inside.. much cheaper pa..
    btw, what are you buying a vehicle for? perhaps that is the more important question.
    hi dr. d -- im not opting for the fortuner as it is really matagtag and i have heard a lot of bad news from it apart from toyota recalling a lot of other units.

i came from a honda jazz and want a bigger vehicle that i could use for city driving and mga places na malubak. i want a vehicle that i will not hesitate to take it to rough roads apart from regular driving.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    wala nga kwenta toyota fort!(alam ko marami magrereact dahil madami nauto bumili nito, pinayaman niyo lang si mr. toyoda of japan) mas maganda service sa hyundai.... tucson okay lang pero go for the montero, come on, the new diesel engine ay di ganun magiging kausok and basta alagaan mo lang our trooper is still okay and up until now di mausok! lalo na mga bago syempre.

pahabol lang bumoto kay noynoy bobo, bumuto kay villar gago bumili ng fortunner ulol!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    wala nga kwenta toyota fort!(alam ko marami magrereact dahil madami nauto bumili nito, pinayaman niyo lang si mr. toyoda of japan) mas maganda service sa hyundai.... tucson okay lang pero go for the montero, come on, the new diesel engine ay di ganun magiging kausok and basta alagaan mo lang our trooper is still okay and up until now di mausok! lalo na mga bago syempre.

pahabol lang bumoto kay noynoy bobo, bumuto kay villar gago bumili ng fortunner ulol!
    Hahah! Montero parin ako for the convneince!

8. Join Date
    May 2009

Please avoid using improper language in this forum. Regarding choices, why would you care if they voted for noynoy or villar? or if they bought a Fortuner? If that's what makes them happy, then there's nothing you can do about it. If you want to criticize something, do so in the proper manner.

Back to topic. Between the two, mas maganda ang montero dahil may extra seats and cargo space and it runs on diesel. Yung interior space lalo na yung elbowroom for the second row, medyo kapos lang talaga. Sabagay, masikip din yung 2nd row ng Tucson, pero it's very reasonably priced and it won't let you down with the 5 year warranty and the looks.

9. Join Date
    May 2009

Sir, please read the Rules and Regulations first before you post improper language.. baka ma-BAN ka.. (profanity)

Go for the Montero Sports and you will end up like this..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Actually, Toyota is taking actions as of now ( I think? ) Pero ... still, I`d avoid it first. Lalo na yan .. 2.5D4D, eh yan pa naman yung laging naatake.

Agree to this. Sa D4D thread nga....may nabasa ako roon, after 4 yrs. pa nagka-problema sa unit nya. Kala nya, ligtas na siya.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2010 Montero vs 2010 Tucson GLS Gas