New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    hehe some might say its a no brainer but Id still want opinions. I already had a deal with both. kia is cheaper in terms of total cashout. I like the exterior of rio and becoz its automatic. But I dont like the interior esp the stereo. I like the interior of vios bt not the exterior compared to rio. Vios has ABS and driver side airbag, rio on the other hand dont have. and the stereo of vios is way better than the rio.

By the way, Kia has extended warranty. 5 years/160,000 kms. while toyota has 3 years/100,000 kms warranty,..

Reviews
    Kia Rio 1.4 EX
    http://www.businessmirror.com.ph/082...otoring02.html

Toyota Vios 1.3E
    http://pinoyautoblog.com/reviews/rev...nd-generation/

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i will choose the 2010 Rio because it has a modern, much fresher design compared to the Vios.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Vios for me.

Yeah, some might say it`s just a common car, but it just proves that it is a mighty vehicle. Parts are cheaper and it will have better figures in it`s fuel consumption. Though, the difference will not be that big.

The additional safety features too, is a big plus.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Vios for me.

Yeah, some might say it`s just a common car, but it just proves that it is a mighty vehicle. Parts are cheaper and it will have better figures in it`s fuel consumption. Though, the difference will not be that big.

The additional safety features too, is a big plus.
    Yeah, safety features adds a lot. Gusto ko lang talga sa rio is that its cheaper, automatic and longer warranty. Plus the exterior pala.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    renzo_d10 is right. it has the necessary safety features plus the reliability of the toyota badge. but to be different, i will choose the Rio especially if you're already tired of seeing plenty of Toyota Vios on the roads. anyway, any of the two is worth a buy.

good luck!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dhome1105 View Post
    Yeah, safety features adds a lot. Gusto ko lang talga sa rio is that its cheaper, automatic and longer warranty. Plus the exterior pala.
    get the rio. 5 years warranty is a plus. toyota badge does'nt equates to reliability.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kia prices are overpriced between 150 to 250k kaya ang lakas ng loob nila makipagtradein kasi talo ka naman talaga simula't sapul.

IMO, get either only if you can pay in cash or get it interest free. Sayang lang pera mo paying econoboxes.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    if exclusivity is too much for you to handle, wait til your 'rare' car breaks down and let's see up until where your exclusivity can prolong your patience in finding parts etc.

the Vios is no brainer cos of its safety features. trust me the Vios is fuel efficient too. EPS is a large factor to it as well. i believe the Kia is non EPS.

also, it is not because the Kia is a bad car, it is just too overpriced and underspeced and doesnt have good dealer support.

back in the day (2006) when the Rio, which is after all, still unchanged mechanically now was selling at 550k at 590k for matic, it was so good as a proposition in the subcompact market even with the lack of safety features. but now, a Rio AT is as expensive as a Vios G without dual airbags, abs, 4w disc etc etc.

not worth it imho.