New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The current Expedition has an updated engine with cylinder deactivation... so 8-10 km/l is actually possible on the highway... unlike the Expe of old where you had to drive at 3am like a Grandma to get the same figures.

The handling has been tightened up, too. It's lost some of that boat-like swaying. It's a bit stiffer, but the sheer weight of the Expedition means that it still soaks up bumps with ease.

Against a Land Cruiser, it's a lot bigger... and the gasoline engine will probably experience less trouble with local gas than the LC's D4D... though whether the new automatic transmission is more reliable than the crummy old 4-speed... it's too early to tell... but AT problems are not an issue for buyers of brand new units as long as you stick religiously to the dealership maintenance schedule.

Against the Pajero? It's no contest... the Pajero is two sizes down and two classes down.

It's easy to say the current Expedition won its class in PCOTY simply because there are few cars in the class, but I've heard that it rated very very highly with the judges... and having experienced it myself, I agree.

(And before anyone accuses me of being a fanboy... I am a member of the Ford Club, yes, but I still don't like the Everest all that much. :hysterical: )

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    As what I have seen in your inputs, and also after researching, we decided on the Expedition EL as the replacement for our '03 Expedition. But we will wait for the PowerStroke V8 CRDi Diesel engine before we will buy the Expy EL

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    As what I have seen in your inputs, and also after researching, we decided on the Expedition EL as the replacement for our '03 Expedition. But we will wait for the PowerStroke V8 CRDi Diesel engine before we will buy the Expy EL
    It's going to be released here?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yes. Simultaneous with its release in North America. Hopefully this 2010 or at the latest, 2013. Ford's Chihuahua, Mexico assembly is ready to mass produce the 4.4 PowerStroke V8 CRDi engine. AFAIK, this engine is based on the TDV8 engine of the Range Rover.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Expe is SO big inside, it's bigger than most korean and japanese vans.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Based on the choices, sa Prado ako, kaya lang halos 4,000,000 na rin ang halaga ng Prado, if I were the one to buy, dadagdagan ko na lang ng mga 600k then just buy the LC200.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My vote will be the Expedition, if I can blow 3Million bucks on a car Gas wont be that much of an issue... Besides I love the chrome accents inside the ford. Prado not my taste. Pajero... pede rin...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    none of the above.

Bili ka na lang genesis coupe and mini cooper.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Expedition all the way.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Expedition especially if it was the 4.4 Powerstroke V8. Another option is the LC200 hehe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2010 Ford Expedition vs. 2010 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado vs. 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero