New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Which one would you recommend?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No brainer without budget constraints its the Kia Sorento. Pero Kia has halted taking CRDi orders kasi malakas demand sa ibang bansa and apparently Kia Korea prioritizes those countries so small markets like ours can't get their allocation...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You need to know first what are your needs before embarking on a choice. Do you need space? good FC? resale value? performance? family use or daily drive? etc. It would be then easier for us to recommend.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mag Kia Sorento ka nalang!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kia Sorento 5 Seater

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i think kia sorento gas is the winner, thanks. I will get one tom.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    You need to know first what are your needs before embarking on a choice. Do you need space? good FC? resale value? performance? family use or daily drive? etc. It would be then easier for us to recommend.
    Do you need space?Sorento.
    FC?Tucson
    resale value?CRV
    performance? Sorento.
    family use or daily drive? Sorento
    Looks?Tucson
    Comfort?Sorento

Just my opinion, correct me otherwise.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Do you need space?Sorento.
    FC?CR-V
    resale value?CRV
    performance? Sorento.
    family use or daily drive? Sorento & Tucson
    Looks?Tucson
    Comfort?Sorento

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are we talking about all gasoline variants, here?

If so, the CR-V wins on the performance and fuel consumption counts... though I haven't done a back-to-back run against the Tucson, reported economy from guys on my same route points to the 2.0 gas being similar to the CR-V 2.4 (it's not that the 2.0 gas is bad... it's just that the new CR-V is really economical) and the 2.4 Sorento isn't anywhere close to the CR-V's economy. The CR-V is definitely faster than both. (in gasoline form)

If you consider the diesel versions of the other two, obviously, the order will be reversed.

The resale value is tricky. We don't know what the Tucson's resale will be down the road. It might actually stay high, like the Mazda3... I kind of regard the Tucson as the Mazda3 of compact SUVs... stylish, comfortable, good handling...

For family use, the Sorento and CR-V are better. The Tucson's back seat is good, but it doesn't have the same awe-inspiring space the other two have in the second row.

As a daily driver, the Tucson and CR-V are better. The Sorento is very wide and difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.

Looks? Subjective. I like the Sorento. I also like the other two.

Comfort? Sorento, definitely.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i will never buy a bigger suv with gasoline engine.

crv ako subok na. yun tucson puro problema yun likod na shocks dun sa tucson thread

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2010 crv vs tucson vs kia sorento 5 seater gas variant