New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, i need your opinion. Which one would be better based on my needs?

1. Its going to be a daily drive.
    2. I have 2 kids and a big dog.
    3. I only go on long trips 2-3 times a year.
    4. I go for comfort and space
    5. Tipid rin in gas and maintenance.
    6. My wife is also going to drive this so it should be easy to drive

I'm going only for the 2.0 4x2 models. Appreciate all the inputs. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tucson no contest...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Yup go for the tucson....
    the GLS model, comes with the cool lexus/bmw style Smart Keys and Push Button start.

very cool!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Tucson.

The explanation is VERY simple, and here it goes ...

Subaru should be out of your list because of number 5. The Forester is AWD, so if you own one, you shouldn't expect good figures in your FC. And since the FXT has only one CASA, parts COULD be pricey and hard to find in the next couple of years.

The CR-V too should be out also because of number 5-, maintenance. Knowing Honda they have high maintenance and cost of parts.

And that leaves the Tucson. See ? As what I have told you, explanation is very simple. :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks guys.

Well i had to do a re-think about the maintenance though. I really don't mind paying a premium just as long they are quality parts. Plus, what are the service intervals of these vehicles? 5000 or 10000km?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Tucson for ME... Maganda yung Forester for since concern mo FC then Tucson wins here.... And if i were you.. get the CRDi..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Yup go for the tucson....
    the GLS model, comes with the cool lexus/bmw style Smart Keys and Push Button start.

very cool!
    ahmmmmm brader, sa Premium Variant lang po yan. kaya may "*".

okay BTT: Heto nanaman tayo. Comparo nanaman nung tatlong sasakyan. ang sakit na sa ulo mag sagot

Well i had to do a re-think about the maintenance though. I really don't mind paying a premium just as long they are quality parts. Plus, what are the service intervals of these vehicles? 5000 or 10000km?
    depende iyan sa oil na gagamitin mo. kapag Mineral or Semi-Synthetic, 5000 KMS lang. Kapag Fully Synthetic naman, 10000 KMS. for the Tucson 4X2 gas, HARI recommends Fully Synthetic oils.

For me, Tucson. Best FC if na break in ng maayos. 6 speed tranny w/ manual sports mode, leather seats (GLS 4X2 Gas), steering wheel audio controls, etc. Mura pa maintenance.

CR-V, kahit may minor facelift change, you can't change the fact na 3 years na sya sa market. Luma na yung style nya. at sa totoo lang hindi maganda yung ride ng CR-V. Lacks torque kasi 155 HP lang (Tucson GLS 4X2 gas has 167HP ata)

Forester, good car IMO, pero AWD. won't give you the best FC and low maintenance cost, ang mahirap pa iisa lang ang casa. (baka mag react nanaman yung may mga 2.0 Forester diyan)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    +1 for tucson, why?

tucson over crv, they're both practical cars so it will come down on the looks, personally i like the tucson's looks (interior and exterior) more than the crv.

tucson over forester naman, the forester isn't known to be comfortable and it's fc is only at 6-8km/liter. the forester is known for it's performance not practicality, also just to correct people saying parts for the subaru is hard to find, they are wrong and probably don't own one. it's just not as easy to find as honda parts na every where you go meron parts for it.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    your comparo is for the 2.0L gas right? crv and forester is bit sluggish compare to tucson.

gls tucson for me the practicality and value for the money is hardly to beat by any suv of the same category...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Dude get the tucson, good looking, fresh, comfortable ride and FC is practical with a powerful engine. Good resale din yan later on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2010 CRV / Tucson / Forester