New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hi Tsikot community!

I'm looking to buy my first car; narrowed the choice to either a brand new or 2010/2011 1.5 Jazz or a second-hand Crosswind. I'm leaning very much toward the Jazz, I really like it and I've wanted to get one for a long time. But the Crosswind seems more practical (my fiancee has an Altis). In terms of car knowledge, I don't know much about vehicles other than how they work and how to maintain them regularly...I am no mechanic :p

- A second hand 2010/2011 1.5 Jazz in polished metal is very difficult to find; I have only seen them on sulit, etc. and the prices are still high (around 650-700k). Are those fair prices? Should I be looking elsewhere (used car dealers)? Or with those prices should I just get a new one with bank rates very low (planning to do 3 years either way)?

- How are your experiences with flooded roads? Of course the Jazz cannot take floods like a Crosswind...but do you guys absolutely avoid flooded areas or can the car go through water that is, say, a few inches to 1 foot deep? I don't live in a flooded area but of course ok din kung kaya ng car sa baha kahit konti.

- How is it as a family car? I am getting married soon and will probably have a kid in the next two years; that's why I was considering the Crosswind. The Jazz has lots of space but the Crosswind can carry way more. I don't go out of town much but we have a beachhouse in Quezon...kaya naman siguro ng Jazz ang Marikina-Infanta road no?

- Are there any other good DIESEL AUV/SUV alternatives to the Crosswind? I don't think anything else can match its ruggedness, space and power at that price point. It's not too big either...ayaw ko naman ng malalaki tulad ng Montero, etc. I don't like the Innova and the Adventure, the Sportage is too small, secondhand Tucsons and ASXs are too expensive.

- I heard that the 2013 Jazz will be all-new...is that worth waiting for? Parang ang tagal pa kasi and siguradong ang haba na naman ng pila para dun.

Please feel free to bring up other considerations I may have missed All I want is a modern, fuel-efficient, safe, comfortable, and versatile car that grows with my needs, that I can keep for 5-7 years then sell.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Crosswind Sportivo
    will be a good choice according to your needs btw your wife to be have an altis already...so different type of tsikot naman...we could not avoid flooding here in NCR...and soon you'll have kids na..swak for out of town trips in quezon ang crosswind...kung wala yun altis pasok yun jazz...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Crosswind is a slow, prehistoric, cumbersome car. But it's one of the best workhorses you can find out there.

Thing is, you don't seem to be looking for a workhorse anyway. Even if you have a kid or two already, a sedan or hatch that seats 5 should be enough for your family. The Jazz is great for first time car owners since it's relatively spacious, it's easy to drive, and is pretty fuel efficient. Looks good and has a fair amount of features too.

However, if you really want a vehicle that can accommodate more people, why not the Kia Carens? Seats 7, has a powerful 140 hp diesel engine (with no known major issues), pretty comfortable to be in, and is pretty car-like to drive around?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Jazz 1.5AT brand new then loan it for 3 years. After 3 years, get a bigger car if needed. I'm sure you can afford it coz para mo lang nirenew loan mo.

Kasyang kasya sa jazz baby chair at mga gamit. Wala pang enjoyment pag may dala kang Crosswind, pero pag Jazz wow! parang binata ulit na may chix ka lang na kasama Saya pa magtravel using that

Di pa mainit sa mata ng mga buwaya na nag-smoke belching test Kuno

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Its not a good idea to buy a second hand car right now because of the recent flooding. There is greater change of getting a flooded car. Besides, your budget is already within the price range of brand new cars.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sa isuzu ka na lang. mas sulit and mas mukha swak sa needs mo.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Yeah I heard the Crosswind is slow in addition to being a little dated, which is why I'm looking for alternatives to it. I really am not looking for a workhorse...just a versatile car. Sige I'll take a look at the Carens, it looks like a good choice. It fits a lot of my requirements. How about the parts/maintenance of Kia? Ok naman? That's a pretty glamorous shot of it right there.

How about the Suzuki SX4? Is it worth a look?

I still haven't ruled out the Jazz...though I agree that it IS pretty risky to take out should I encounter a flood.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Afford mo ba SX4 Crossover? Yun nalang.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    And of course nagmamatter din ang itsura kahit konti ) I am not old by any means, I still want a car that looks good lol.

Totally agree that it is not just price and practicality that should drive the purchase...needs to be driving enjoyment din.

Nakakatakot nga ata bumili ng second hand ngayon. Hindi pa naman ako marunong tumingin masyado ng kotse, so parang brand new na lang gusto ko. Kaso ang laki talaga ng savings from buying a year-old car. Are there any threads here discussing "New vs. Used"? Kanina pa ako naghahanap and I can't find any.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Afford mo ba SX4 Crossover? Yun nalang.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
    Meron ka ba? How is it? Parts and maintenance ba are good?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast