New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Siguro po sir yung natagpuan niyo na Everest is the 3.0L 4x4 model.
    Maybe that Everest also had tuning chip installed.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    with the release of the new ( ? ) 2012 models, what has changed between monty and fort. which one is the better choice. gls-v or 4x2 G Dsl A/T. planning to get one soon.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung parehong 2.5 ang pinag-uusapan, Montero talaga. It is 76hp and 90Nm more powerful than the intercooler-less, wastegate turbo Fortuner 2.5D4D. The changes are only cosmetic, at least here in our country where they sell crappy fuel. However, I have noticed that Montero's regardless whether it is non-VGT or VGT, as long as its the 4D56, has the tendency to emit black smoke when pushed hard. I believe Mitsubishi should come up with an all new engine design already. No matter what they do to the 4D56, its basic problem of smoke belching has never been truly solved.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    When I was shopping for an SUV last year...I only have the Everest 4x2MT in my mind...love at first sight....Happy and proud Gen 3
    Everest owner!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ ah dyan naman sir wala puwede magsabi na you should have choosen something else.

Matulin din talaga accelartion ng Ford diesels.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ ah dyan naman sir wala puwede magsabi na you should have choosen something else.

Matulin din talaga accelartion ng Ford diesels.
    I don't know if its just me or mabagal lang talaga ang acceleration ng A/T Everest. Yung M/T Ranger namin talagang matulin ang acceleration eh.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    I don't know if its just me or mabagal lang talaga ang acceleration ng A/T Everest. Yung M/T Ranger namin talagang matulin ang acceleration eh.
    Yes yung MT na ranger tulin talaga!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2.5 AT Everest feels kind of sluggish, but it actually does 0-100 km/h in just 14.5 seconds... that's about seven seconds faster than the Fort 2.5. Still not as quick as the 2.5 AT Ranger, which does it in just 11 seconds... similar to the Navara and the 3.0 Ranger...

Of course, the big difference is that you can torque-brake the Ranger 2.5... doing a burn-out from the starting line...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The Big Let down for the Everest is the Ride, really bumpy especially for the 2nd and 3rd row... Those big 18" wheels don't help the ride at all... When I drove a 2009 model on cobbled roads the doors on the second row kinda rattle a bit.
    Fortuner, the new facelifted one is still the same as the outgoing model. I heard some Toyota dealers who still have stocks of the Old Model are selling them with BIG discounts, really worth looking at....
    Montero, Good all rounder, now has the Paddle shifters, 5 speed A/T, and Cruise control on both 4x2 and 4x4 Models...

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    The Big Let down for the Everest is the Ride, really bumpy especially for the 2nd and 3rd row... Those big 18" wheels don't help the ride at all... When I drove a 2009 model on cobbled roads the doors on the second row kinda rattle a bit.
    Fortuner, the new facelifted one is still the same as the outgoing model. I heard some Toyota dealers who still have stocks of the Old Model are selling them with BIG discounts, really worth looking at....
    Montero, Good all rounder, now has the Paddle shifters, 5 speed A/T, and Cruise control on both 4x2 and 4x4 Models...
    If you're gonna compare the ride quality of the Fort and the Everest, the Everest hands down is the most comfortable. Hence, more reliable, better performance, better space.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
(2010) 2.5 Everest vs. 2.5 Fortuner vs 2.5 Montero