New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_cool View Post
    Hirap talgang mamili sa 3 na to. pero mas lito ako sa MS at EVE hehehehe!!! mas type ko talga yun MS sana kya lang nung nakita ko si EVE prang nababago eh. tapos maganda pa promo, prang prob lang resale value kung sakaling magpapalit. Hay!!! Hirap. di naman kasi kami nag oofroad kya ok lang sa akin ang 4x2 at isa pa pamilya kaming gagamit at gagamitin din ng asawa ko pag pasok sa ofc.
    so,have you decided na..?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Malakas ang engine ng Everest at matibay sya..

Mura lang yung M/T variant ng Fortuner.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ** This is what I don't like about the two, both are being made as a milking cow of toyota and mitsubishi. Since it's selling like hot cake, they impose a 2%-3% dealer's incentives. Pag nga cash buyer kaya out of stock sila, pag bank P.O. out of stock din. Pero pag in house financing 1 week may unit ka. Kaso ang taas ng interest nila. sa Bank ang 4year term nasa 22% sa kanila 30% up. I myself experience this.
    If a 4x2 monty s.r.p. is 1.30M it's deceiving since you must add 2% D.I. maybe 20T pesos then yun taas pa ng interest nila. My feelings are, para akong naholdap in broad daylight. Kaya ako ayaw ko fort and monty, hindi sila transparent sa client. sa kanila na SUV nila sakin na pera ko.
    Kung Gusto mo pa din ang dalawang ito ready ka magpaholdap. For me kasi I don't tolerate this kind of business , PANANAMANTALA.

Ganitong ganito yung nangyari samin taas pa ng hinihinging Dealers incentive. Nag backout na kami and Tucson na lang kukunin. Nung time na withdraw na namin ung reservation bigla kami binigyan ng unit.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Ganitong ganito yung nangyari samin taas pa ng hinihinging Dealers incentive. Nag backout na kami and Tucson na lang kukunin. Nung time na withdraw na namin ung reservation bigla kami binigyan ng unit.
    Kinuha nyo or Tucson na talaga kinuha nyo?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Fortuner? might as well wait for the all new.

Everest? ganun din sa sobrang bilis mag facelift.

Montero? just be patient and don't rush in getting a unit. i got my unit feb of last year, kasagsagan ng pila. assured of a unit after 7 days and released in 14 days.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Fortuner? might as well wait for the all new.

Everest? ganun din sa sobrang bilis mag facelift.

Montero? just be patient and don't rush in getting a unit. i got mine feb of last year, kasagsagan ng pila. assured of a unit after 7 days and released in 14 days.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i am also in the same spot with exactly the same choices as the thread starter so i'll just piggyback here. would like to hear what you guys have to say.

at the top of my list is the montero. looks to me like its got the highest ground clearance, perfect for the effects of climate change. i like its lean, chiseled design. kumbaga sa martial artists, montero is bruce lee, everest is jacky chan and fortuner is samo hung. i like montero's stance, its semi-lifted rear design is aggressive vs the flat, parallel to the ground stance of the other 2. i hear the ride is also the smoothest of the 3. downside? well, check the montero rant thread. dito ako kinakabahan.

second is the everest. i hear performance-wise, its the best of the 3. and the 5speed a/t suggests its advantage in fuel efficiency. i think the body is the same as it was since like 10 years or so ago, puro make up and cosmetics lang ang nagbago (although i could be wrong). and i have this notion that resale value of ford is poor. ewan ko lang din service nila.

as far as the fortuner, its in my list because its... reliable. well its a toyota and service is cheaper than the other 2. unfortunately it rates the lowest in terms of riding comfort. tsaka every other vehicle on the road is a fortuner, parang nagchecheckers sila sa kalye. and ever since it was launched, i think it looks fat. now with the lean muscular lines of the newer vehicles, the fortuner is looking fatter. parang the designers were in a car design reality show and were limited to 'open parenthesis' and 'close parenthesis' as the only lines they could work with. but still, its in my list. its still a roadworthy car, ranking higher than the montero sa reliability. or maybe i havent just read the fortuner thread.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Montero... there are always going to be teething problems with new vehicles. Particularly one as popular as the Montero. If these problems are covered by warranty, it goes some way to making them less so. Remember, the Fortuner had issues in the past, too.

RE: Ford service: Depends totally on the dealer, just like any other service. More to the point, depends on the service advisor. While Ford has a customer feedback program driven at maintaining service quality (this program spurred Honda and others to start doing the same thing when Ford's ranking in service beat them out in local surveys), a lot of your experience can depend on the people handling your case, just like Toyota and Mistubishi. That said, I have a little more faith in Ford's dealers than Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi was in a slump for a long while, which meant less money for hiring, so they have some people on their sales and service staff who are subpar compared to others... though there are some who are genuinely helpful.

RE: Everest: Yes, it's an old car, same wrapper. Best engine and transmission, definitely. Better steering and sharper handling than the Montero. But the ride is not even close. And the anti-roll bar on the 2.5 limits wheel articulation off-road.

RE: Fortuner: it's not a bad thing to be "common". If it's "common" that means there's some redeeming factor that made people buy it. Unfortunately, that redeeming factor is the looks. Engine package underwhelming. Interior not as good as the Montero or Everest (though the middle row seats are more comfortable than the Eve's) and it's not as refined as the Montero.

Reliability? Still a question mark for me. Not as many complaints about the fuel system, anymore, but worryingly, have heard at least one in the past year, for a new car. In the end, I still don't know if I trust Denso high pressure systems as much as I do Bosch. The Everest and Montero both use Bosch. The Fortuner uses Denso. Guess what also used Denso? The Trooper. And we all know how that turned out... Only time will tell how, aside from erratic pump issues on the Densos, these systems hold out.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    mga sir i own a 4x2 m/t 2006 everest & if i have money right now I still would like to upgrade with the gen 3 everest. My reason this SUV is just so amazingly fast. my current everest is fast but the 3rd generation everest is faster i was doing a 160kmh with my everest and this desert bronze gen3 everest just over taken me in a snap of a finger. I'm a six feet tall guy and i tell you I can fit in to its third row seat not really that comfortable though bec my knees would be at level with my chest but third rows are not for us its for the kids or for the yayas or for tropas that aren't 6 feet tall.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Siguro po sir yung natagpuan niyo na Everest is the 3.0L 4x4 model.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
(2010) 2.5 Everest vs. 2.5 Fortuner vs 2.5 Montero