New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi,

I am in search for a second hand reliable car for my 53 year old Mother. It will only be used for day to day activities (school drop offs, local market, and short distance city driving). My budget is at a maximum of Php200,000. I have searched online and found 2008-2012 Kia Rio or 1996-1998 Honda Civic. My Mom doesn't need any fancy features apart from the car being automatic (if possible) and all power, we also just want something reliable that would last a long time without hassles of repairs. Can someone kindly help me with what cars are available for the price range? Any tips/suggestions are highly appreciated, Thank you 😀

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ler4_war View Post
    Hi,

I am in search for a second hand reliable car for my 53 year old Mother. It will only be used for day to day activities (school drop offs, local market, and short distance city driving). My budget is at a maximum of Php200,000. I have searched online and found 2008-2012 Kia Rio or 1996-1998 Honda Civic. My Mom doesn't need any fancy features apart from the car being automatic (if possible) and all power, we also just want something reliable that would last a long time without hassles of repairs. Can someone kindly help me with what cars are available for the price range? Any tips/suggestions are highly appreciated, Thank you [emoji3]
    On your budget yung mga honda na 96-98 model madalang nalang ang automatic na good condition, by the way sa second hand most people say hit or mis thing. Always bring your trusted mechanic. If those 2 cars only your choices I still go for the honda. Stay away from used korean cars, more problem someday and spare parts maybe difficult to find. Search more in olx my mga nissan sentra 2006 model on ur budget or stretch a little bit my mga toyota vios. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Agree in getting the sentra. Mababa resale, mas bago pa.

For parts availability, nothing beats toyota. When the car needs repair, halos lahat ng auto supply may parts... biruan nga kahit sa sari sari store may piyesa

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by erdiedizon View Post
    Search more in olx my mga nissan sentra 2006 model on ur budget or stretch a little bit my mga toyota vios. Good luck
    ^ Agree ako dito. I believe around 220k-240k merong nang Vios 2004-2006 na AT na din.
    Iba parin talaga kasi pag toyota sa mga lumang cars, daming available parts and mura pa.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Get a Sentra N16. Parts will not be an issue as the platform was sold for more than 10 years here in the Philippines. Opt for the 1.6L GS model as it offers the most features.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the vios sana. but for some folks, it's simply too cramped inside.
    the sentra is nice. i have had good experience with the brand.
    the lancer cedias have great passenger space. but they have quirky suspensions, at least that is what i read and what i thought, back when i was driving one.
    if an altis in good condition crops up, grab it!
    Last edited by dr. d; June 9th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Wow, thanks for all the inputs. I really appreciate it! Actually I was tempted to go with Kia Rio coz it was a later model but probably not as reliable long term compared to japanese. I will definitely look into both Nissan Sentra and Toyota Vios (budget permitting). I am open to any brand and model as long as it fits the budget. Salamat po ulit sa mga advice and tips nyo.. 😁👍🏻🤘🏻👌🏻👏

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ler4_war View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the inputs. I really appreciate it! Actually I was tempted to go with Kia Rio coz it was a later model but probably not as reliable long term compared to japanese. I will definitely look into both Nissan Sentra and Toyota Vios (budget permitting). I am open to any brand and model as long as it fits the budget. Salamat po ulit sa mga advice and tips nyo.. ����������������
    Yung mga recommendations sa taas, main point is yung availability and murang parts ng sentra and nung toyotas (vios and altis). Para less headache na din sayo kasi di ka malulunod sa gastusin ng papalitan or aayusin.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Bought last april an altis 2007 manual for 210k.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinblank14 View Post
    Bought last april an altis 2007 manual for 210k.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Hi Sir, san po kyo nkabili ng Altis at that price, Olx? Salamat po!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast