New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvelasco View Post
    [SIZE=2]Please help me in choosing. I narrowed it down to these three but you are welcome to suggest other models.

Criteria:
    1. Good family car. Can fit 3 persons comfortably at the back.
    2. Reliability. Less trouble in next 5-10 yrs.
    3. Easy to maintain
    4. FC
    5. Riding comfort

Budget is 750K max that is why I did not consider Honda Civic FD.
    I am leaning towards the Lancer GLX because of the price but I already had the Itlog ang Pizza models and I would say they are prone to problems (Aircon, Suspension etc.). That is why I am thinking of shifting to an Altis because of its reputation of being reliable and less prone to problems like the Lancer. I am also considering the Sentra because of its all-around features but Nissan has a bad reputation.

Please enlighten me guys. Thanks!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    Yup, if 750k is the max cash budget, get the Altis. In 5 years time, the resale values of the Sentra and Lancer will be less than the Altis. Though to the point of some of the posters here, the E variant doesn't include a passenger side airbag, keyless entry, and TVSS.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I was in the same dilemna 4 years ago...ended up choosing the altis. based on your criteria, Altis is the one.
    Its a good family car...mas maluwag yung passenger seat sa likod.
    Reliable sya syempre...wala pang nasira or pinalitan after 4 years.
    Basic PMS and change oil lang and gastos sa maintenance so far.
    FC is still as it is... 8 to 9 Km/li sa city (bumper to bumper traffic), 10 to 11 mixed city/hway and kaya pa rin ng 14 to 15 km/li sa hway and long drive.
    Riding comfort?...at par with your other choices.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    It seems many are for the Altis E.

How about the Lancer GLS. Got CVT, how does it compare to the Altis?

I also like to hear more from N16 owners. How reliable are the Sentras now? Is it also purely PMS during its warranty period.

I already had two Lancers and I really like to try the other cars but the prices of the Lancers with features at par with the pricier Sentra and Altis really makes it the front runner.

Also I live in Pampanga, roads are not really well paved and I often use my car to fetch or bring relatives and family to the airport that is why riding comfort especially for the passengers is a main consideration.

More thoughts from the gurus and owners of these cars please.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    AFAIK, the lancer's suspension,aircon issues were already fixed from the time the lancer CEDIA model was released. ser, go for the GLS CVT!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvelasco View Post
    Thanks Renzo..

Would you say that the additional 150K (estimate) price difference between an Altis and the Lancer is worth it. Current prices now is around 635K after discounts for Lancer GLX and 774K for Altis E. Doesn't Toyota give the same discount as that of Mitsubishi?
    Yup, I think the 150k is worth it. If you can ask the SA in Toyota Quezon Ave for bigger cash discounts then maybe, he/she might give you up to 100k we don't know. The corolla has a bigger 2nd row seat. I think it can accommodate up to 4 passengers ( 3 mid-full sized adults and 1 kid ) and the trunk space is very large

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Mazda 3 isama mo sa options mo, pag cash price pasok sa budget mo.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Mazda 3 is more of a car for a bachelor. It also I think a gas guzzler. I am looking a conservative family compact sedan. That is why I am considering the three models. Which has more room at the back?

I have been reading about the rattling problems and stereo problems of the Altis. While for the Sentra I am looking at the GX problems especially on the suspension.

Other problems I might consider? How about the Lancer, I have not yet read a thread of what problems it might have.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Upgraded Lancer GLS/GLX CVT 1.6L 2009 Model is Wide body compare to the previous model.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    2009 LANCER 1.6 GLX or 2009 Altis 1.6 E or 2009 Senta 1.6 GSX are all 8kms per liter city driving including mazda 3...mas malakas sa gas ang sentra..(2 ang sentra namin). pero siempre desisyon mopa din yan...pag sa 3 above..altis ako.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    10km/l ang 2009 altis G A/T ko.... city driving....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast