New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I own right now a 2009 Honda Civic 2.0s and someone is selling a 2012 Hyundai Veloster for 900k to me recently. I have been doing some reading about the specs of Hyundai veloster and what I like is that it has lots more features than my civic. But the only thing that I am concern about is the engine of the Hyundai veloster 1.6GDI (some say that it is underpower and its fuel consumption is a little bit better compared to my Honda civic). It has only 138hp compared to 155hp to my civic. and has only 123*4850rpm of torque compare to 157*6000rmp. Is it worth it to change from Honda Civic 2.0s TOTL to Hyundai Veloster TOTL? If soo what would be the pros and cons I will be getting? Hoping for your response! Thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Veloster is more of a toy car, it's really an apples to oranges comparison against the Civic.

But even as a toy car, I don't like the Veloster - too expensive, too cramped, too slow, probably unreliable, and a pain to maintain. A better toy car for me would be an 86/BRZ or even a Miata. At least those are fun-to-drive cars that still make sense to own.

Stick with the Civic. It's more practical, more powerful, easier to maintain, and will sell for much higher later on.

What toys exactly does the Veloster have that attracts you to it? IIRC it doesn't really have anything that other "normal" cars don't have, except that it only has 1 door on the driver's side and 2 doors on the passenger side. Cute novelty but it gets old quickly.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Would never trade the original H for the italicized one. Stick with the Civic 2.0, that's one of the best compact sedans out there and is still a headturner up to now especially the 2.0 model you have. If you're getting bored with it, just do some simple mods like a new set of wheels.

The Veloster is a gimik of a car with the door arrangement and the fugly boot. It looked good when it was first released but now looks like a cockroach on wheels. Flashy designs don't tend to age well.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree woth jut and challenger

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Thanks guys! I now appreciate more my CIVIC!