New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Both units are 4x2. GV is 2.4L VVT DOHC RWD ladder-frame structure, CBU-Japan while Escape is 2.3L Duratec VVT FWD Laguna-assembled. Though the Escape is cheaper by 220k, aesthetic-wise, GV trumps it (interior and exterior). What I would like to know is whether the intangibles (FC, ride quality, handling....) are for GV or Escape. Ay feedbacks would be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    This time I'll go for ESCAPE 4X2 No doubt !!! FC it could be the same Comfort & handling it could be the ESCAPE plus Newly Facelifted!!!!!!!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'd go for the Vitara only because I owned one before and I was happy with it's overall performance. It seemed to last forever. Quite dependable. Although it was the 1997 4x4 model. The ride may not be very good but it's not too bad either. My only complain was the FC. Parang 6 km/liter city driving lang yata FC ko nun...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hi guys. u used to work for suzuki auto makati. actually kakaresign ko lang. thats why no question id go for the vitara. una c.b.u japan of course, 2nd is te aesthetics/beauty. di nakakasawa kasi hindi dragging yung design. simple lines yet masculine and sporty and yet somehow it also looks luxurious din (though for me the best pa din 2.7l vitara) handling and ride i tell you im very satisfied (based on test runs that we used to have speacially on launch) fuel consumption my apologies to those who used to own older models kasi of course mejo under powered mga 1.6L versions nun. nung lumabas wide body mejo nagimprove but for now this 2.4 L version has the most outstandig FC sa lahat naging vitara coz its just a 4x2 RWD and vvt na like the 2.7. and yes... forever running po ang suzuki grand vitara. need more help with it sir? feel free to contact me. 0923-979-8596. thanx God Bless

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Neither. Both are gas guzzlers.

Just get a Montero Sport 4x2 for only 1.2M brand new.

Diesel pa.

2009 Grand Vitara or Ford Escape