New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hey guys im in the market for a new car. i'm currently considering the 3 cars. i know civic is not quite a match among the focus and impreza but you think the price difference of 200k is worth it to spend on the focus or impreza? i just like the civic since its very spacious especially the rear seats. while the 2 hatches have a bit cramped rear seats. this will be used most of the time by my wife who rides at the back seat since she has a driver. but personally im leaning towards the focus and have no plans no riding at the back seat. thank you. inputs appreciated to end my confusion. btw, my wife doesnt like the focus' cramped rear seats!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by attorney View Post
    hey guys im in the market for a new car. i'm currently considering the 3 cars. i know civic is not quite a match among the focus and impreza but you think the price difference of 200k is worth it to spend on the focus or impreza? i just like the civic since its very spacious especially the rear seats. while the 2 hatches have a bit cramped rear seats. this will be used most of the time by my wife who rides at the back seat since she has a driver. but personally im leaning towards the focus and have no plans no riding at the back seat. thank you. inputs appreciated to end my confusion. btw, my wife doesnt like the focus' cramped rear seats!
    ... to be always with a driver i think bagay yung new honda accord sa wifey mo in terms of space as well as for your own requirement.

as i know, 1.050M+compre lang ang 2.0R dual mode MT....way beter than the over rated 1.8L FD civic.

focus diesel- mafefeel mo yung saving kung lagi kang long-distance driver.. but for me the impreza has a better the focus.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Impreza's rear seats are even tighter than the Focus's... thanks to the drivetrain tunnel.

The Civic has a spacious rear seat, but suspension comfort isn't as good as either the Focus or the Impreza, both of which have a more absorbent ride than the Civic... as well as nicer seats (with the Impreza's being softer than the Focus's... some people don't like Focus front seats, either).

The Impreza drives like a dream. The Focus is a diesel on steroids. If you want the Focus, tell your wife the diesel economy will pay for the car within the next few years.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by attorney View Post
    Wifey will be the one using the car more often; she'll be sitting at the back all the time; with the car to be driven by the family driver - and for this task you choose an imprezza? (or focus or civic?)

Something just doesn't sound right?

Wifey doesn't like the focus' cramped rear seats. So the Focus is out.

Instead of the Imprezza which is more of a rallye car, a Forester sounds more appropriate. Civic has good rear space.

Some cars are meant to be driven by the owners to be fully appreciated. Heck, I wouldn't want my driver to be driving my imprezza or focus around town. I wouldn't mind though if he used an optra wagon to drive wifey to the mall or office.

Of the 3 choices you mentioned, i'd go for the civic.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    yeah Civic 1st choice, since owner will be in the back seat most of the time. So buy a car with the biggest back seat space. I don't know if Civic's back seat is comfy though. And cheaper than the rest.

2nd Focus, since my rear aircon. But more expensive than Civic

3rd Impreza, I own an Impreza, its really a drivers car. Since seats are placed lower, your wife might have some difficulty going out

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'd go for the subbie. civic seats are not that comfy after 2 hours of sitting but that's just me lol.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Need a car at about 800T-1M value to be used by wife with a driver?

I can only think of one - the new Ford Escape. Great value, go anywhere even in the urban jungle (potholes and flood), comfy rear seats and enough space for groceries.

The Focus diesel and 4wd Impreza are a driver's car, not to be cheauffer-driven.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Need a car at about 800T-1M value to be used by wife with a driver?

I can only think of one - the new Ford Escape. Great value, go anywhere even in the urban jungle (potholes and flood), comfy rear seats and enough space for groceries.

The Focus diesel and 4wd Impreza are a driver's car, not to be cheauffer-driven.
    +1 ako dyan partner.

mura lang ang nissan cefiro brougham 3.0 v6 better value din ang teana / galant 240M(laki ng discount nito.. mga 300T, so lumalabas halos kasing price lang ng mga compact cars na may 2.0 engine)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2009 Ford Focus Diesel vs. Subaru Impreza 2.0R and Honda Civic 1.8s