New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hello to all,

Which do you think offers the best value for the buck among these three?

Just test drove the new Focus tdci and I have nothing but superlatives for this car. Also, at least now we have a new alternative to the Japanese. And its really a damn good German made car.

Honestly I don't have much experience with mitsu. But for Honda's, I think a perennial weakness, even with today's models, is the suspension.

Anyway, I would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    May comparo ang C magazine(I think I still have this in the car)Compact War, The Changing of the guard, civic vs lancer vs mazda3 vs focus vs altis vs subaru 2.0R..the lancer came out as the most well rounded based on Power,handling,fit and finish,ergonomics,comfort,room and space,features and kit and pricing..ford scored a perfect 10 in power but fared miserably in other departments..yung lancer naman walang perfect 10 pero nas 8 lahat...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd go for the Focus, hands down. I'm usually biased against transmissions that are not clutch-actuated, but I'm willing to overlook it on the new Focus considering the amount of torque it can readily offer.

TDCi + Powershift = :drool:
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 27th, 2008 at 08:25 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ford Focus TDCi.

diesel, powerful engine, low FC, 6 speed DSG transmission..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Focus TDCi, if they only had an automatic though it would have been a killer.... People kasi in this price range normally prefer automatic para may sense of luxury.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wait for the Subaru Impreza Boxer Diesel 2.0L 150hp, Six speed, Symmetrical All Wheel Drive as standard.

Even better, Subaru Impreza WRX Boxer Diesel 2.0L 200hp, Six Speed, Symmetrical AWD

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Focus TDCi, if they only had an automatic though it would have been a killer.... People kasi in this price range normally prefer automatic para may sense of luxury.
    the new ford focus TDCi is equipped with 6 speed automatic transmission (DSG = :drool. i think ford discontinued the 6 speed manual tranny,

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Wait for the Subaru Impreza Boxer Diesel 2.0L 150hp, Six speed, Symmetrical All Wheel Drive as standard.

Even better, Subaru Impreza WRX Boxer Diesel 2.0L 200hp, Six Speed, Symmetrical AWD
    will it hit our shores?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I don't see any reason why it won't (we have all the models other countries get). Motorimage, local distro of Subaru is already giving discounts probably to hasten the clearance of stocks because the boxer diesel will surely be a hit.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I just came from the auto focus carshow at the fort..Test Drove the new Ford Focus TDCi it is equipped with a 6 speed automatic transmission..The engine really impressed me..Very responsive engine,fast acceleration & lakas ng torque

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2009 2.0L Focus TDCI vs 2.0L Civic vs 2.0L Lancer EX